SD on specific muscle only

hugen

Hi is it possbile to Strategic decondition certain muscle only?

I intend to do 9 days of SD, without working out except doing biceps curls and forearm since both are lagging and they are still getting stronger. for the other body parts i have more or less plateud in terms of strenght

If you have a lagging bodypart, then that is more reason to SD. As far as having strength increases, I would have kept the previous cycle still going till you had a total plateau.

Yes, don't just SD because it is on the front page, there are recent threads speaking about this very thing now.

Keep a cycle going until your gains slow to near nothing! Then take a nice SD and start again.

Arms will come mate, chins and dips are a must then add on an extra set of incline curls and one of the tricep extension exercises!

i have had a total plateu dude...only i feel my biceps and foreams are still growing..i just managed to up the weights for those 2 weeks ago

my arms are around 18.5inches btw

is it possible to do SD on specific muscle? i mean is this logic in line with HST's theory? since i figured SD was just to remove the repeated bout effect on the muscle, it was specific on the muscle and not on our CNS system right?

BRYAN? BLADE?

You can certainly SD your lower body and continue to work your upper body, or vice versa, but it is pretty difficult to isolate muscles within those two groups. You can probably isolate your biceps by doing DB concentration or preacher curls but why bother. Take a nice SD and decondition everything. Your psyche will appreciate it.
cool.gif

<div>
(primal @ Jul. 14 2006,06:00)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">i have had a total plateu dude...only i feel my biceps and foreams are still growing..i just managed to up the weights for those 2 weeks ago

my arms are around 18.5inches btw

is it possible to do SD on specific muscle? i mean is this logic in line with HST's theory? since i figured SD was just to remove the repeated bout effect on the muscle, it was specific on the muscle and not on our CNS system right?  

BRYAN? BLADE?</div>
I'm not Bryan or Blade but yes RBE is tissue specific.

SD'ng a specific muscle can be done but depends on which muscle and as O&amp;G said it's pretty hard. For example doing press and pulls still activiate tri and bi, doing shoulder laterals still activate traps, doing squats still loads many other muscles, doing standing or sitting curls still put a load on shoulders and traps. So even trying to isolate a certain muscle or group you'll still be loading stabilizers, synergists and antagonists as well in most cases.

A curiosity question:

If your arms are 18.5&quot; and your biceps are 'lagging', just how big are you overall?

thanks thats what i needed to know

yeah but i am only doing bicep curls and wrist curls so i dont think i will be using any other muscle

http://www.hypertrophy-research.com/ is pretty great thanks for the read

old and grey, my outer head of biceps is lagging..like when i flex i can see it from the inside by from outside it looks not so good..

thanks y'all

Back