SD Question

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_etothepii
  • Start date Start date
I

imported_etothepii

I'm in my fifth week of my first HST cycle (and loving it!)

I'm already thinking about the future. During my next SD, the only exercising I plan on is walking ... strolling may be more like it. Which is good, from everything I've read. But what about stretching? Nice deep static stretching to increase flexibility... that should just affect tendons and ligaments, right? Would there be any negative effect on the SD of the muscle?

And for that matter, what about Yoga during SD?

I want to get the maximum benefits from my SD, but if there is a beneficial activity I can do during that time, and stretching seems logical to me, then I want to do it and reap those benefits.

Thanks!

I had another idea last night: Tai Chi. There's no way that could interfere with SD, right?

Stretching and walking or some jogging would not be a problem at all.

Avoid doing any workouts that involve lifting a heavy load.

<div>
(Spyke @ May 01 2006,09:53)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Stretching and walking or some jogging would not be a problem at all.

Avoid doing any workouts that involve lifting a heavy load.</div>
That's my thought. There's so much I don't know ... I'm hesitant to just try something. I'm going to avoid any heavy work like the plague. I'd like to do either a stretching routine or Yoga every day if I can.

he he he, don't worry, no need to go to the extremes of tai-chi or yoga..... you can still do exercises more in line with weight training, such as cardio.... rowing for instance or you can take advantage and give a good shake up to your abs.... though if you actually love tai-chi/yoga and are into it.... yes, you can do that.... but warning !!!!..... your CNS may turn off in the process and then it will take you more than 3 cycles to wake it up again
biggrin.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">your CNS may turn off in the process and then it will take you more than 3 cycles to wake it up again
</div>

Now see, I'm so niaive, if that smilie weren't there, I'd believe you!

sure I was kidding, but what I mean is the following, it is good you are concerned about not having a bad SD, then it would make your whole cycle a kind of less effective, however, don't get paralyzed by that, you can always do some sort of less intense exercise, including weight training..... try not to go to failure nor push your limits... that is the sure way of getting overtrained later during your normal cycle.

Back