Sets

Epark84

Let's say I decide to do an additional set for a particular workout. I had a good set of 10 reps of 200 pounds on the bench. If I decide to do a second set, would I use the same weight, 200 pounds again? Does it matter if I attempt a second set and can only do 8 reps? Should I stick to one set if this is the case? Thanks.

<div>
(Epark84 @ Nov. 30 2006,09:44)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Let's say I decide to do an additional set for a particular workout. I had a good set of 10 reps of 200 pounds on the bench. If I decide to do a second set, would I use the same weight, 200 pounds again?

Does it matter if I attempt a second set and can only do 8 reps?

Should I stick to one set if this is the case?</div>
Yes.

No.

Not if you feel you should be doing more than one set. Some feel they need multiple sets, other don't. If I feel like I have gotten a full &quot;pump&quot;, I see no need to do more.

Heheh style linking to an entire forum might be a little overwhelming for a newbie looking for answers.

Any particular maxstim posts you'd recommend that specifically answer his question? Or were you referring to the fact that sets/reps don't matter?

15-20 total reps per bodypart per w/o seems effective for most (between 1-3 sets in HST).

Yeah, it's pretty well covered in that thread. I might add that whatever you decide, stick with it for a cycle at least. Don't do this or that for a week or two and then decide it doesn't work and switch up. Most of us took years of training to figure out what works best for us, and even at that, we have to switch periodically to another 'favorite' training style because whatever you do, will not work forever.

If there is any validity to the &quot;muscle confusion&quot; myth, then it would be here; switching methodologies over a long period of time rather than the absurd swapping exersizes during a cycle. If you wanna be built like a frog, jump like a frog I guess.

''Heheh style linking to an entire forum might be a little overwhelming for a newbie looking for answers''

Yeh I could have been a little more helpful
wink.gif

The reason posted that link was that what he's really asking is, how do I do 20 reps in a given time while minimising fatigue?

MAX STIM YOU CAN!!!!!

(or you could cluster HST style, that means doing say 3 reps, rest, 3 reps rest.....till you get to 20!)

Back