short cycle due to vacation, help

jwbond

I have two vacations I am going on this summer. One is next week and I planned my SD into it perfectly. My problem is I have only 4 weeks afterwards until the next week long vacation.

I am thinking it should be broken into, would anyone do it differently?
15s - week 1
10s - week 2,3
5s - week 4

I have only done one HST cycle so far and it was a cutting cycle. My muscles looked most full at the end of the 15s and throughout the 10s. The fullness went away by the end of the 5s. Is this common?

To solve that annoying problem, you could always give me your vacation and not have to put up with screwing up your HST cycle.  
butbut.gif

Barring doing the above logical solution, if this is not a cutting cycle again, I would do 1 week of 15's, 1 week of 10's, 1 week of 5's and 1 week of 5 RM's with drop sets. If your joints don't bother you, you could consider skipping the 15's and adding in another week of 10's.

If your last cycle was a cutting cycle, you experienced the result that I would have expected you to have experienced.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Old and Grey @ June 18 2005,1:27)]I would do 1 week of 15's, 1 week of 10's, 1 week of 5's and 1 week of 5 RM's with drop sets. If your joints don't bother you, you could consider skipping the 15's and adding in another week of 10's.
Yeah, what O&G said
thumbs-up.gif

I had a similar issue a while ago, but since I've been bulking for the last six months, I just did 4 weeks of 5s, progressing past my 5 RM during the last week. It went well.

Anyway, what O&G suggested is, in my opinion, a better choice. You should definitely try to get those post-5's in there.

Have fun.

thanks for the input everybody! :)

During the cutting cycle I just ended my muscles had a deflated look by the second week of the 5s. I have a couple questions about this:

1) Will this be the case on a bulking cycle?
2) What can prevent this? (ie dropsets throughout the 5s)
3) Could this mean that my body in particular does not respond as well to the 5s and I should pay more attention to the 10s?

Back