shoukder problem

shahamit

hi guys, just today worked out at the gym i seem to have some problem with my shoulder which bothers me .

i do not want to sit back because of this n miss my workouts.

pls suggest some quick remedies.

Amit

try and figure out which exercise caused you problems..and either stop them for a while or change them...bb bench press can cause rotator cuff problems..if you are doing this change to db press.

Make sure you have a proper balance of push-pull upper body exercises.

Try to figure out which exercise is bothering you/causing aggravation.

Bench can be subbed for dips.

Rotator cuff exercises may help.

If it's a rotator cuff problem, then the pain should originate in the back of the shoulder, right? When I do bench presses, I get pain in the front of my right shoulder. What does this mean? (other than that I shouldn't do bench presses)

sem

Sounds like the deltoid muscle, do some Rest Ice Compression Elevation or massage area with arnica oil.

Find a different angle to bench with, stop front raises if you are doing any, and oh...upright rows, they are the main culprits at this type of injury.

I never feel pain when I do the upright rows. As long as they don't hurt, I can keep doing them, right (love the upright rows)?

Sem

You're right if it is not hurting, do not worry.

Then just try to find another angle for your bench, maybe less incline (less shouder involvement) down to flat or even a slight decline, should fix you up!
thumbs-up.gif

Do dips instead of bench, see if this alters anything.

It may be your grip width - too narrow can cause shoulder pain.

It may be your wife/girlfriend keeps falling asleep on it. This happened to me once and took 3 months to stop being sore....as silly as it sounds
tounge.gif

Thanks, guys, for your help. And sorry to shahamit for hijacking your thread.

I've found, that a little more warming up seems to help the shoulder. I started doing a couple of lighter sets before hitting my work set, and this seems to alleviate some of the problem. I've also noticed that the pain decreases when I pull my elbow in a bit closer to my body. Not sure what that means.

Dips bother the shoulder, too. Plus, I always feel like dips activate the lower pecs quite a bit. I don't know if this is true or not, but I try to keep the focus higher if I can.

Back