Should i SD

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_diss-e
  • Start date Start date
I

imported_diss-e

Hi,

I just finished my rippetoe routine last week friday. And havent been lifting since then. I want to start today my HST routine with the 10s. Should i SD for a few days before starting HST. I dont want to do SD, because its not easy for me to lower my calories. I get hungry really fast. But if i stay on my diet i will gain fat, which im sure off. but if ill lower my diet, i will lose muscle, which im sure off.

so is SD important? And is it okay to start at the 10s?

thnx alot

Raj

You won't lose muscle in a week. You may drop some fluid and a bit of strength but that'll come back really fast once you get back to the gym.

If you want to give HST a descent shot, take an SD and do the 15s (assuming you are going to be bulking and not cutting).

If you are worried about adding fat in your week off just do a bit more cardio.

Definitely start in the 15's for your first HST cycle. It has done wonders for my joints. And even if you don't have joint pains there are benefits for connective tissue that makes them worth doing.

If you aren't going to SD then don't bother with an HST routine because you will be limiting your gains compared to what you would make if you properly SD.

Need I add to the 2 opinions above?

SD in my honest opinion is imperative! Buldog puts it very well, if you don't want to SD, for the "meagre" reasons you stated, don't bother as it will disappoint you!
wink.gif

HST works BECAUSE of the SD. 7 days is a very bare minimum, 14 is best.
You go into HST from a strength routine without SD and you will gain nothing IME.

If the letters SD even creep into your thoughts, it is time to SD. Takr at least the rest of this week off.
wink.gif

The letters SD are totally ingraved in my brains now lol...so yeahi decided to start SD. Gonna do it for 12 days exactly till monday the 26th. From there i will start my routine.

I am bulking at the moment, but now im not working out, should i go a bit lower on the calories. like 200/300 calories less per day?

thnx alot

raj

Good call on the SD. It will help your first HST a lot.

As to calories, My personal opinion would be to drop down to maintenance.

Back