Shoulder pain

Jazzer

Howdy,
I've been bulking for a while now using basic HST with only 5 exercises per session training every other day.
A
Deads
Row
Chin
Dip
Shoulder press

B
Squat
Row
Chin
Bench
Shoulder press

It has been going great and I have put on around 10 pounds but after my last session I noticed a bit of stiffness in the traps and shoulder area.
I think it is radiating from the shoulder joint and may be rotator cuff overuse or slight sprain.
Anyways I'm unsure how to proceed. I think I've reached my max for shoulder presses, dip and bench but I think I've probably got a bit more in me for the other exercises. I'm also unsure what exercises may make this worse. I did really want to push this bulk quite a lot further if possible.
I could,
1. SD
2. Take a few days and evaluate then
3. Keep pushing the other exercises and rest shoulders
4. Introduce light  rotator cuff exercises
5. Do a combination of the above?

Can i just stress that it is slight and not agony. I know about not training through pain, thanks
smile.gif

J
smile.gif

normaly if its rotator probs ..you would find flat bench uncomfortable..
i would carry on with the other exercises and do rotator exercises for shoulders untill your sd
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

<div>
(Jazzer @ Oct. 25 2006,23:56)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Howdy,
I've been bulking for a while now using basic HST with only 5 exercises per session training every other day.
A
Deads
Row
Chin
Dip
Shoulder press

B
Squat
Row
Chin
Bench
Shoulder press

It has been going great and I have put on around 10 pounds but after my last session I noticed a bit of stiffness in the traps and shoulder area.
I think it is radiating from the shoulder joint and may be rotator cuff overuse or slight sprain.
Anyways I'm unsure how to proceed. I think I've reached my max for shoulder presses, dip and bench but I think I've probably got a bit more in me for the other exercises. I'm also unsure what exercises may make this worse. I did really want to push this bulk quite a lot further if possible.
I could,
1. SD
2. Take a few days and evaluate then
3. Keep pushing the other exercises and rest shoulders
4. Introduce light  rotator cuff exercises
5. Do a combination of the above?

Can i just stress that it is slight and not agony. I know about not training through pain, thanks
smile.gif

J
smile.gif
</div>
If it is a RC problem, keep working out as usual and stop doing flat bench presses. Only work with dumbbells for shoulder presses (at least for the next 8 weeks). On chins, don't let the bar go below your chin when ascending. At the end of your workout, do some RC work with light (VERY LIGHT)weight.

http://familydoctor.org/265.xml

I don't like exercises #4 though.

Back