Signs that HST is working...

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_etothepii
  • Start date Start date
I

imported_etothepii

A little background, in case anybody doesn't already know my situation...

I am 5'6" tall. A little over a year ago, I weighed 195+ pounds. Very overfat. I lost weight with diet, and cardio exercise. In January of this year, I got turned on to weight lifting. I bought some cheap weights from Sears, and just did a bunch of random exercises a couple times a week in my basement.

Shortly later, I found out about HST and decided to give it a try. I'm now in my second cycle, and here are some signs of progress..

1. Measurements. All (except waist) up after the first cycle -- haven't taken any yet for the current cycle.

2. Shirts fitting tighter.

3. Co-workers and wife commenting on my build.

4. Neighbor asking if I'm "on" something.

5. Outgrowing the Sears weights. After buying an extra 100# at Play it Again Sports, I'm now searching for a deal on an olympic weight set.

Keep in mind: HST is the only system I've used. Can't credit the changes in my body to anything else.

A good thing you got this going!

Kudus for the improvements, man...I can't imagine myself at 195 pounds gee...I am also 5'6" by the way but only 155.5 currently!

You should really check out the powertec systems they great, and you could then do Dan's max stimulation for maximum benefits.

Here are two links for you:

Nice one going at a not so bad price, you'll have to buy more weights though!:

a good safety cage

Or the ultimate choice, also without weights but man...it is a great piece:

Ultimate leverage machine!

Those look great, Fausto, but I'm on more of a "yard sale budget!"
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Yeah Fausto those are way over priced. Dick's sporting goods has some good deals on smitch machines w/bench and racks. Don't use the smith machine but it works great for everything else.

Hey good to hear etothepii,
that really sounds like a transformation taking place.
Keep up the good work man.
J
biggrin.gif

Yard sales, flea markets, and thrift stores. Then keep an eye on the local papers, and in a year or two, if you take your time, you'll have quite a set of weights. I'd recommend some spin-on or clip-on dumbells though. There's no end to what you can do with d/b's for upper body with just a handful of plates.
My best advice: don't buy a cheap, flimsy bench or anything that doesn't FEEL good, or you'll end up not using it.

Back