Skipping the 15's ?

HumorMe

I'm thinking about skipping the 15's and going straight for the 10's...the reason is that beeing a beginner (only been lifting for 6 months), my weights are still small for 10's and 5's, but on the 15's they are so redicilously small it almost feels like I'm doing aerobics rather than lifting..not to mention that they take too long.

so I'm thinking of doing 2 weeks 10's. 2 weeks 5's. then repeat another cycle after that the same way..OR if my lifts went up enough after the 1'st cycle i would do 15's first in the second cycle.

what do you guys think?

Try it out and see how it works. Are you doing post-5s too? I would recommend still keeping your cycle 6-8 weeks long, despite the lack of 15s. In my opinion, it is okay to skip the 15s for a cycle or two. You could also just cut them down to one week instead.

By post 5's do you mean another couple weeks of 5's or what? If so how should I plan the weights used in them?

For the post-5s, it is recommended to do negatives, but you can just keep working with your 5 RM for those two weeks. Or you can try to progress past your 5 RM using clustering to get closer to your 1 RM. I think the clustering option might be better for strength and size, but that's just my opinion from my experience.
But either way, I think a longer cycle beats a shorter cycle almost any day.

Back