SLDL during 5s

mantica

From HST_Faq_book:
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I would highly suggest you either drop the SLDL all together during the 5s......</div>

Which is your opinion about doing SLDL during 5s ?
Is it dangerous at high loads ?

Thanks

Andrea

not if your form is spot on,and it is your real 5rm and not your egos
biggrin.gif

You would have to be very strict with your form and control. I don't trust myself to do SLDLs during 5s for this reason so I switch to deadlifts. I think it's much easier to do something silly repping with heavy SLDLs. With normal deads you get to put the weight back down, adjust your grip, set yourself up again for every rep but with SLDLs it's just hold on and hope for the best! The temptation might be to bounce out of the bottom of the lift when the plates hit the floor.

If you can keep your form and control really good then fine but if you are at all worried switch to normal deads during 5s.

<div>
(faz @ Nov. 09 2006,05:21)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">not if your form is spot on,and it is your real 5rm and not your egos
biggrin.gif
</div>
Form is key especially as to preventing back pain.

I thought you werent supposed to set the barbell on the ground with SLDL or is that a romanian deadlift? I would think the worst thing you can do is stop using your hammies to resist the downward motion and hyper extend them.

Back