Some feed back would be useful

latin_blast

Hi there guys, I've been in HST forum for a year but only now do I dare to get into the bullfighting ring. I have the following case, experience sharing and inquiry to see if any of you have a similar experience (it will be rather lengthy):

As many guys here I used to weight lift using HIT principles, which gave me good results. After getting married I quit
sad.gif
but after 12 years I am coming back
smile.gif
, so as you can see I am not a kid anymore. I tried to re-take my HIT oriented routines with the outcome that you might imagine.. tons of injuries, especially my lower back.... but, somehow while surfing the web I run into this site and decided to apply the HST principles... hmmm, I can not complain either, after 1 full macrocycle (if we can call it that way) no injuries whatsoever and applying cardio 3-4 times a week for half an hour at 5am, empty stomach, in 4 months I got down to a decent level of fat (9% now from 25% BF when started...1% bf per week down the drain), well defined muscles and some increase in arms, chest, calves, legs measurements... so, I am a happy camper so far.... HOWEVER !!!!.....there is a problem, I really find a pain in the neck to try to match the weights in my worksheet with what is available at the gym, mixing some plates in lbs with some other in kgs....it is a mess for my 45 minute goal....and also he he he, it is my nature always to experiment; so, for this new cycle I have started applying a twist to my routines for 2 weeks now and I feel great and I may be seeing visions but it looks like the muscles are growing faster and more defined and definitely more soreness (perhaps the change has caught my muscles off-guard), it is the following:

instead of keeping constant the reps for each cycle (15's, 10's, etc.) while increasing the weight in each workout, I am doing the other way around which would be to keep my 10RM's constant and increase the reps during each workout by a factor of 1 or 2...... for instance starting with 10RM'sx10 reps, next workout 11, then 12, etc. up to 15 and only then increase the weight to my 5RM's and start again at 5 or 8 or whatever I can push/pull .... the advantage that I see besides solving the mess at the gym is that it guarantees that in each set I am giving it all out because if today 10 reps was almost impossible you can bet that for my next workout 11-12 reps will be even more challenging... as opposed in the pure form of HST, whenever I was below my 15RM's, 10RM's or 5RM's I was not feeling I was giving it all out, except for the last 3 workouts of the cycle.

If you are curious attached is my routine right now, I try to keep perfect form, I don't care about beating poundage world records... focus on slow eccentric movement, more or less with the following protocol 2,0,3/4,0; except for back and arms which is 2,1/2,3/4,0

Any feedback??... thanks and keep the fever
cool.gif

You should audit the weights you have in you gym and then build the cycle around that!

I know what a pain it is to fiddle with weights up and down, when my partner comes, which lately is quite seldom, we have this situation.

If you don't have too much d/b stuff (isolations) then it should be quite easy to manage.

I know some of the guys are doing the same as you, but I myself can't really comment as I haven't tried it that way.

If it works, what the heck
laugh.gif
it is still an hypertrophy principle just in a different way I suppose.

he he he, thanks Fausto, you have now the infamous honour to be the first guy who replied my post
biggrin.gif

I agree with you... it still apply hypertrophy principle but sometimes I think that if Bryan Haycock  reads my post he will kick my butt out of this forum for "contaminating" his method, he he he.....

Back