Some Questions About HST

the RK

1. Is warming up only the large body parts (chest, legs, back) really enough? Can I also do warmups for Bi's, Tri's, etc?

2. Do I have to do 3-4 warmup sets for the 2 weeks of 5s? When working with heavy weights in the past, 1 warmup set seemed sufficient.

3. After the week of maxing out, does the HST cycle start the very next week? Or is there a SD period between maxing out and the start of the cycle?

4. After the 2 weeks of 5s, if I want to repeat the 5s for another 2 weeks, do I keep adding more weight every workout? Or do I just repeat the same weights from the original 2 weeks of 5s?

Thanks

1. It is enough to warm up with only larger bodyparts because your smaller ones will be working with them and should be warmed up just fine. If you feel better with an extra warmup set for a certain arm movement then go for it, but just don't waste energy where it isn't necessary.

2. Warming up can vary for people. Just make sure you do what's sufficient to keep your workout safe and productive.

3. There's an SD between the two.

4. You keep adding weight if you can, but if you can't then you just keep going with your max. If you can add weight, increments will obviously be smaller, but it doesn't really matter when you're going that heavy at the end of your cycle.

Hope that helps a bit.. :)

So I just need to warm up the muscle groups that the basic HST routine suggests?
Do I max out before every HST cycle?  If so, is this what a basic timeline would look like:
  max-out
  SD
  HST cycle
  SD
  max-out
  SD
  HST cycle
  SD
  etc.
If not, is this what a basic timeline would look like:
 max-out
 SD
 HST cycle
 SD
 HST cycle
 SD
 etc.

2wks 15s
2wks 10s
2wks 5s
2wks 5s or negs
sd
start again
8wks training sd 9 to 14 days

If you do max out for each cycle you don't have to SD before maxing out. Just find out all your maxes when you're done with your 5's and post 5's and all that jazz.

max out on the last day of each 2wk phase ie
15s
mon
wed
fri
mon
wed
fri..max out
10s mon
wed
fri
mon