Sorry...Another one

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_dengus
  • Start date Start date
I

imported_dengus

Hi all,

You're all probably sick of this by now, but if it would be good if you could take a look at my program.

I've been training for about 2 years, MAX-OT style and made some pretty good gains. But now I want to try something different just to mix things up a bit.

This is the program I'd like to go with, what do you guys think?

Barbell Bicep Curls
Lying Tricep Press
Seated Shoulder Press
Barbell Bench Press
Seated Cable Row
Dumbell Shrugs
Deadlifts
Weighted Cable Crunch

Doing 1 x 15, 2 x 10 and 3 x 5 sets.

I want to concentrate on compound exercises, but squats are out because the gym is getting renovated and they've removed the squat rack 'till about March, so they say.

Appreciate the input.

Thanks.

dengus

If you're happy wit the choice of exercises then yep, no probs, I may have gone for something different, but what matters is getting on with it!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]But now I want to try something different just to mix things up a bit.

HST is quite different, don't know if you want to go and mix things up, for one its a whole body workout program, no splits unless you are working twice a day, then either push/pull split or upper/lower body split.
tounge.gif

I am sure you've read up, so you know the drill, work out RM's for 15's/10's and 5's and/or 1 RM's and take off at least 9 days for SD, then start HST.

The sets are right 1 - 2 and 3.

Just in case you haven't read up go here:

HST - all you need to know

Happy lifting
thumbs-up.gif

Hi dengus, and welcome. :) I don't know if you are planning to do your exercises in the way you listed them, but if that's the case, then maybe you should consider performing the iso's AFTER your heavy compounds. Your rows would probably suffer after BB curls...
dozingoff.gif
Anyway, good luck and happy lifting.

Agree with what both of these guys said. Just make sure your compounds are first, and also. I would stick to just one exercise and concentrate on the poundages. If you are going to mix it up, try to do it say on a Wed. of a typical Mon Wed Friday split.

Anyway welcome to board, and to hst. You will love it!

Joe :D

Thanks guys,

What order do you think I should perform these exercises in? I was thinking...

Barbell Bench Press
Seated Cable Row
Deadlifts
Seated Shoulder Press
Barbell Bicep Curls
Lying Tricep Press
Dumbell Shrugs
Weighted Cable Crunch

I'll stick to only these exercises each workout.

Thanks.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Thanks guys,

What order do you think I should perform these exercises in? I was thinking...

Barbell Bench Press
Seated Cable Row
Deadlifts
Seated Shoulder Press
Barbell Bicep Curls
Lying Tricep Press
Dumbell Shrugs
Weighted Cable Crunch

I'll stick to only these exercises each workout.

Thanks.

i wouldn't do iso ab works if i were you... abs get a good workout from the compounds and you won't see any more improvement from the iso work...

I'd go for this order:

Deadlifts

superset:
Barbell Bench Press
Seated Cable Row

Seated Shoulder Press

Dumbell Shrugs

superset:
Barbell Bicep Curls
Lying Tricep Press

because if you do chest and back before deads - you will preexhaust your upper body... deads is a killer and should be performed at the very beginning...so you are able to use the appropriate load

Nem's got it right!

Supersets is the way to go!

IT should take you 1/2 hour in-out of the gym!

Perfect mix and order!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]IT should take you 1/2 hour in-out of the gym!

not if you're like me, using over 15 minutes just for just 2 sets of squats or deads because the exercises rocks you that much...
butbut.gif

doing superset with antagonists (muscles that do not work synergistically together => the "opposite" muscle therefore) increases blood flow, creating PUMP

Thanks guys,

I'll get rid of the abs, and go in the order nemesis reckons. Can't wait to start on monday. This SD is killing me, I feel like i've shrunk already.

Back