Special exercises

M@x

I am from germany so please do not mind because of my grammatical errors!

I am a natural weight trainee and J do not try to develop a mass like Roni C., but my goal is to look outstanding!
To achive this J need to do tree things:
1.body fat under 5-10 % ( i use here meltdown/912Hst* or a lot of cardio)
2.build some mass (hst is my weapon
tounge.gif
)

3. develop symmetrie!!!!!! ( J need your help!)
First J will have to explain what is symmetrie!
here is a idea of it:
klick here

You see its important to have a wide lat and a small waist, proportions , a chest like a stone plate.....

J think you know what J mean!

To achive this symmetrie it is important to use the right exercises an implent them into a hst routine!

do you have any ideas how this routine could look?

Incline Bench Presses (preferably with dumbelss)
Weighted Dips
Shoulder Presses
Shrugs
Pull ups and Chin Ups
Seated Rows
Squats or Leg Presses
Straight Legged Deadlifts
Calf Raises
Close Grip Bench Presses*
Any Curling Exercise*
Abs*
*Optional

And, most importantly, your diet!

No i am not markus rühl, but he was in the bms magazine which explained hst in the new issue!

J wanted to add a few things:
how do J perform the drag curl?

has anybody expirience with the gironda V dip?

are hack sqauts bad for the knees?

@ old gray thanks , but this is not what j was looking for, because Squat and SLDL produce a big butt and my front dealts are a little bit overproportioned

My first Jdea was this (no order, just exercises):
Hack squat
Lateral raise pour the water
Suspinating curl
Bench
Rows to lower pec pronated
Gironda V Dip

please first read the link (klick here) before post any plan!

Does somebody has any links to other vince gironda exercises that work for symmetrie development?
thanx

Old and gray just curious I saw were certain exercise were optional...like arms and abs. So if we leave them off the routine which takes away some volume. How many sets do you do for the other bodparts if you leave abs and arms off, also how many times a week?

Thanks! :D

1 set 6 to 12 times per week or, as a less effective alternative, 2 sets 4 to 6 times per week. The biggest arm gains I ever made was when I just did good old fashioned compound exercises and no arm isolation work.

Maybe I have been messing up on my HST routine.

Here is what my current routine looks like. I only go to the gym 3 days a week...that all that is really possible for me so I adjusted volume for just 3 days a week. Does this look okay?

bench 4 sets
rows 4 sets
lateral rais 2 sets
reverse fly 1 set
squats 3 sets
triceps 2 sets
curls 2 sets
abs 4 sets

THis is done monday wednesday and Saturday?

What do you think?

Should I cut my sets back some and just worry about maximum load?

What I normally do say for chest is 1 sets is heavy 2 second is my heaviest followed by a drop set and then a fly.

I do this just for chest only b/c i need pecs to catch up.

What do you think??

Joe

My theory is that variety is better than repeated volume. With that in mind, and the fact that you are limited to once/day, 3 times/week, I would change your routine as follows:

Bench Incline 2 sets
Dips 2 sets
Seated Rows, 2 sets
Chin ups 2 sets
Shoulder press 1 set
Lateral raise 1 set
Squats 2 sets
leg press or extension 1 set

The rest would remain unchanged. I assume that there is a reason that you are not doing hams and calfs so I haven't addresses those. The drop sets I would only do the last week of the 10's and the last week of the 5's.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (M@x @ June 09 2005,4:46)]No i am not markus rühl, but he was in the bms magazine which explained hst in the new issue!
J wanted to add a few things:
how do J perform the drag curl?
has anybody expirience with the gironda V dip?
are hack sqauts bad for the knees?
@ old gray thanks , but this is not what j was looking for, because Squat and SLDL produce a big butt and my front dealts are a little bit overproportioned
My first Jdea was this (no order, just exercises):
Hack squat
Lateral raise pour the water
Suspinating curl
Bench
Rows to lower pec pronated
Gironda V Dip
please first read the link (klick here) before post any plan!
M@x:
Without seeing you, I couldn't tell you what exercises you should do for symmetry and proportion. I guess you could tell us. What O&G did was tell you what some of the best exercises are for overall development, and if everything played out right and your genetics were decent, you should have a fairly symmetrical frame after doing those exercises for a while. Obviously that's not always the case because of genetics and individual efforts, so then you have to look at whick bodyparts are lagging behind and which ones are overpowering. This takes a critical eye and hard work to bring up the areas that make you asymmetrical. For instance, if your medial delts are underdeveloped, then a 30 inch waist may look bigger than it really is. By making the medial delts bigger, then the 30 inch waist looks smaller then it really is. So, first things first, tell us what bodyparts you feel are lagging and then we can maybe give you some ideas as what exercises are best for you.

By the way, drag curls are done by standing as if you were going to do a regular barbell curl, but instead of curling the weight, you will drag it up the front of your body until biceps are contracted fully. Make sense?

Back