Squat and Deadlift same day...overkill !!

steropower

I am into my 2nd week of my 15's.I just did the 4th day of the total 6.From the begining i felt doing Deadlift after the Squat very hard.I knew this day would be even harder.Well after the end of Squat i tried Deadlift again and although i managed to complete all 15 reps i felt i would throw up.I layed down for 15 minutes to feel better or i would quit this session.Anyway,i decided not to do this again.The question is how do you split these 2 exercises during each couple of weeks?

I give you the weights that i should lift following the program.

Squat 15 Rep Max = 95Kg
Deadlift 15 Rep Max = 120 Kg

I have already done:

M W F M W F
Squat 70 75 80 85 ? ?
Dead 95 100 105 110 ? ?

Squat seems easy but i don't think i can put more in Deadlift without getting stronger.I felt very close to limit.However i have done 15 Rep Max at 120Kg.But after the Squat i was too tired maybe and felt this way.If i drop Dead for Wednesday and do it on Friday alone,should i add 10Kg or only 5Kg?And should i add 5Kg in Squat in Wednesday or 10Kg that is my 15 Rep Max?

By the way i have gone from 68,1Kg to 69Kg in 7 days and my waist is still the same(i come after a long Fat Loss program.I was 79,9Kg).I don't know if this is muscle mass because my digital scale is not so accurate.It gives different readings the same minute.I step up over 5 times to have a correct reading(which i feel is the last one because it stays the same after repeated trials).Also i don't feel any significant strength gain if any...

I have found the trick to squats and deads on the same day is to do my bench presses after my squats and before the deads. It gives me a chance to lie down without actually collapsing on the floor, and lets my legs and back rest a bit before resuming the heavy work.

Deadlifts aren't necessarily well suited for the HST 15's week. It can be done but it's hard. I think perhaps you are supposed to throw up afterwards...

Keep at it. Squats and deads are the lifts that will give you both size and power. What's the point of going to the gym if you can't do deadlifts...?

I have been thinking about this tactic.I will try to do Squat first and Deadlift later.I hope i will do it without throwing up because i am thinking i have to increase the weight on Wednesday and i get sick only thinking about it !!

LOL @ deadlifts and 15's, im on 15;s now, 1st workout and 176lbs for 15 reps fried me, i was even out of breath! hahahaha!

Not looking forward to 220lb 15RM at the end of next week, Ill be feeling that.

I did it again.Both exercises the same day but kept 5 mins between Squat 15's and Deadlift's warm up set and 5 more mins after this until the Deadlift's 15's.I felt better but the weight was really heavy during last reps of Deadlift.I am not sure if i will do 5 more Kg on Friday.

I used to do squats and deads in the same workout all the time too. You'll get over that eventually. Now, there is pretty much no way I can deadlift more than once a week unless I want to die. And if I'm doing squats that week then it's rack deads instead of full deadlifts that week.

I recommend alternating squats and deads instead of doing both each workout. Instead of doing both, do deads one workout and pair that with leg press or front squat, then next workout do squats and pair it with leg curls, stiff leg deadlifts, romanians... something for the hams as long as it's not full deads.

Back