squating question

faz

does squating thicken your waste this question came up today ,and i wasnt really sure.
i guess that if you are putting something like 100 to200k on your back then your waste is taking a lot of that and must get stronger and bigger to cope with the heavier loads
rock.gif
biggrin.gif

uhh, i think, and hope you mean waist... haha
tounge.gif

while i'm not 100% sure, i know squats works everything and I would think your waist would add muscle tone to your gluts, hips, lower back possibly... but i am not sure, i'm fairly new to squating myself!

I don't think so much your waist, but your thighs. In turn, you'll still have to get larger pants to fit the juggernauts.

Just look at some of the lighter classes of olympic lifters, especially some of the Chinese lifters. Most under 220 are pretty lean and don't have big waists.

<div>
(Maximuscrates @ Jun. 15 2006,00:13)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">is your waist measured across your hip bones? i cant see mine expanding as there is just a layer of skin and fat there.</div>
That would be called a hip measurement then.
rock.gif
rock.gif

The only way I can see the waist growing is if your obliques got larger. I haven't seen that happening with squats. It will probably make your butt get bigger though.

I agree with Colby and Totentanz, your waist will definitely get stronger but do not worry too much about it growing. Your thighs are another question, though.

Back