stagnation

Nemesis7884

hey folkes

this cycle was a pretty mess...okay, haven't changed anything regarding diet and training

training is 5x full body, when i reach my rm, i usually cut down to 4x...

programm is
squats total reps 20
leg curls 20
calves 20
shrugs 20
bp / dips 20
rows/ chins 20
shoulderpress 20
bic 20
tric 20

cluster things up when hitting rms
usually 10/6/4
and 5/4/3/3

diet is 40 % carbs, 40 % protein and 20 % fat...eating aroudn maintenance, maybe a 100 above

my weight is going down right now... already lost 8 lbs...but gaining fat on the same time!!! i have no power at all and my strength dropped...

the other problem is that always when reaching 180-185 lbs, the only thing i can gain from then on is fat... that is like a big plateau for me

question is, what kind of adjustments could i make for the next cycle to come back on track and break the plateau?

reducing frequency? (was also thinking about push/pull splitt 6x per week) but this would mean an increase in volume (otherwise wouldnt make much sense) and i am not sure if i can handle more volume nor if it would be beneficial

other idea, reducing volume to 1 set?

reducing workout to compounds?

what do you think?

To me it seems that on a 5x a week schedule, clustering to 20 reps on all those exercises can be a bit too much when getting into the heavier weights. Maybe for a cycle you can reduce the volume a bit or throw out the clustering and see if that helps. If it's muscle mass you're after then I'd eat a little more and up your carb intake. Just my two cents...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Nemesis7884 @ Nov. 06 2005,12:12)]my weight is going down right now... already lost 8 lbs...but gaining fat on the same time!!! i have no power at all and my strength dropped...
those are classic signs of overtraining

thought the same...but same happend when i dramatically decrease frequency and volume over the last two weeks...

this summer i was training 6x fullbody with a greater volume thats why i am a bit confused...

is it a midlife crisis?
crazy.gif

I agree with the others: you are overtrained. Cutting down on frequency and volume isn't enough at this point; consider taking a 9- to 16-day SD and then starting a new cycle with less frequency and/or volume.

What you've been doing might have worked before, but it's caught up with you. Time to change things up.

I agree with Gripstrength and the others... but I'll go a step further and I'm saying you should do a 3 week SD.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]reducing workout to compounds?

what do you think?

Yes - that's a good idea.

Good luck on the next cycle.

-Colby

Back