Starting Cycle 4 next week!

kidkurious

i'm starting my next HST cycle next week. This will be my 4th cycle.

i was just wondering if my setup is ok:
cycle4HST.jpg

in my previous cycle, I did all the exercises in the same workout, but with less sets per exercise.

this time, i'm splitting the exercises into 2 workouts (A/B).

note: the reason why my DL is lower than my squat is because I replaced DL with RDL in previous cycles. I've brought the DL back for this cycle, removing RDL.

isolation exercises will be done with 10 reps throughout the entire cycle. As loads get heavier, I will remove the iso's.

the max-stim phase will carry off from what my 5RM is.

let me know what you think
smile.gif

thanks!

Squat, bench, row, deads, chins, dips -- I'm on board. I tend to do a bunch of weeny isos too, after the serious lifts are done.

It seems like your deadlift increments are much greater for the first few weeks than in the later weeks.

Your dips are stronger than your chins...? I'm just the opposite.

Triceps Kickbacks have a frankly limited range of motion. I prefer skulls, but that's just me.

<div>
(TunnelRat @ Jan. 22 2009,10:53)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">It seems like your deadlift increments are much greater for the first few weeks than in the later weeks.

Your dips are stronger than your chins...? I'm just the opposite.</div>
the increments are small in the later weeks because I want to completely avoid zig-zagging.

as for my chins being weeker than dips - for me, pushing exercises are always stronger than pulling... could be due to excessive much benching in my earlier (ignorant) years of lifting.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Triceps Kickbacks have a frankly limited range of motion. I prefer skulls, but that's just me. </div>

I fully agree, kickbacks are a waste of time and effort IMO. Rather do pushdowns or as tunnel says skulls, although for some like me, when they get heavy my elbows start squeaking!
biggrin.gif

<div>
(Fausto @ Jan. 23 2009,1:55)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> <div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Triceps Kickbacks have a frankly limited range of motion. I prefer skulls, but that's just me. </div>

I fully agree, kickbacks are a waste of time and effort IMO. Rather do pushdowns or as tunnel says skulls, although for some like me, when they get heavy my elbows start squeaking!
biggrin.gif
</div>
I'm considering replacing the kickbacks with Skull Crushers, but I train in my basement, and all I have is a barbell.

Is it safe to perform skulls with a barbell?

<div>
(kidkurious @ Jan. 23 2009,10:03)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I'm considering replacing the kickbacks with Skull Crushers, but I train in my basement, and all I have is a barbell.

Is it safe to perform skulls with a barbell?</div>
Because I've got a weak shoulder, I can't do some dumbbell things like flys or curls, nor can I do skulls with dumbbells. I need a bar to help stabilize my weak side. Thus I do my skulls with a bar (I use an EZ-bar, but I do not doubt a straight bar would work as well.

I don't bring the bar down to my forehead (&quot;skullcrusher&quot; or not, I'm not stupid...!). Rather I bring the bar down to touch the bench behind my head. It seems safe enough -- I've had no trouble with either elbows or shoulders.

kickbacks are the final phase of pushdowns ie where the elblow passes behind the back; if you only have a barbell (no pulldown station) hack squat the barbell with a light weight, bend at the waist, then lift the weight above the 'back plane' so that you are mimicking the kick-back action. As is usual when using a BB, you will find that you can handle more weight. Skulls are more of a stretch movement (google POF) dependent upon execution range.

Variety is key to rounded development, incorported into phases of targetted workouts:NOT to be confused with 'muscle confusion' which is a whole diff'rent kettle o' fish...
wink.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Is it safe to perform skulls with a barbell? </div>

Perfectly safe, unless you have serious wrist issues, another variety would be french curls standing or seating (arms overhead, elbows next to the ears, then forearms go down behind the head).

Try them.

Back