Starting my first 2 weeks HELP

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_david1201086
  • Start date Start date
I

imported_david1201086

Ok I've Decided To Try Hst I Am Starting My First 2 Weeks Can Someone Tell Me If This Routine Looks Alright. Thanks David

2 Sets Of 15

Legs- Squats, Leg Extensions

Calves- Straight Leg Calf Raise

Chest- Bench, Dips

Back- Bent Over Rows, Lat Pull Down

Shoulders- Lateral Raise, Shoulder Press

Biceps- Barbell Curls

Traps- Shrugs

Triceps- V Bar Pushdowns

Torso- Crunches

<div>
(faz @ Jun. 30 2006,11:50)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Legs- Squats, Leg Extensions
when you put this are you doing both 2sets of 15</div>
yes do you think that is to much or 2 litte?

<div>
(david1201086 @ Jun. 30 2006,16:57)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(faz @ Jun. 30 2006,11:50)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Legs- Squats, Leg Extensions
when you put this are you doing both 2sets of 15</div>
yes do you think that is to much or 2 litte?</div>
to much 1set 15s
2sets 10s
3 sets 5s

<div>
(david1201086 @ Jun. 30 2006,12:16)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">sorry but what is sd?</div>
Strategic Deconditioning -- 9 to 12 days of rest from lifting and all but the lightest cardio.

If you start HST without doing it, then you aren't really starting HST. It is the first phase of the HST cycle, and it is critical!

YES I HAVE I HAVE BEEN LAZY SINCE IVE GOTTEN BACK FROM VACATION ABOUT A MONTH AGO I'VE ONLY WORKED OUT ABOUT TWICE AND THE LAST TIME WAS 5 DAYS AGO DO YOU THINK THAT WILL HURT ANYTHING IF I START HST ON MONDAY?

Right off the bat I'd suggest you drop the leg extensions and calf raises. Do full ROM olympic squats and conventional deadlifts (alternate them, don't do them in the same workout) and your thighs and calves will be covered.

I'd also drop the lateral raises and focus on the standing OH press.

<div>
(david1201086 @ Jun. 30 2006,12:16)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">sorry but what is sd?</div>
david1201086

ill repeat a recommendation i gave in another thread, oddly enough to a dave86. any relation?

i would read all the info on the home page for HST (maybe even twice). i realize your not initially being aware of what stratg decondt. is may be because he was using an abbrev. SD and not b/c you didnt read. however, i do feel a good understanding of the hst principles (hence the read x 2) is essential for most to maximize there gains.
its not that hst is so complicated its just that it has a few major diff. from most w/o prog. (and a few subtle ones) that are key to success but contrary to how most WANT to w/o. things like SD, sub max yet progressive load, limited sets, etc.

i just feel a clear understanding of what your attempting to do prior to begining will yield better results as oppossed to trying to figure it out as you go.

good luck

bluejacket I have reread over it and do have a better concept on hst now but I did know what SD was I just didnt know the abrev. and are you talking about on the BB forums if so that was me. Thanks for the help

David

If you want to keep that much volume, for every exercise you have after the coma, consider an laternate workout.

Example:

Chest- Bench (workout A), Dips (workout B)

Back- Bent Over Rows (workout A), Lat Pull Down (workout B)

Do chins instead of pulldowns if you can and alternate squats with deadlifts, forget about leg extensions until you big enough to want to define your legs a bit more.

Back