Strength loss using HST?

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_fadi
  • Start date Start date
I

imported_fadi

Hello guys,

I finished doing the 15s and I just finished my second workout of the 10s. What I am noticing is that I am losing strength where doing 70-80% of my max now starting to be difficult.

My diet is in check, and I have gained about 4lbs and pants feels little loose now. I try to get 8 hours of sleep a day.

I do like the program, I am just wondering about the strength loss.

Hello :)

It's not uncommon that after a good SD, even weights that aren't your max seem heavier. This generally means you had a good SD and deconditioned your muscles very well. This is a good sign, so don't worry about it.

Regards and good luck :)
-JV

Yeah I'm having the same problem here. I just finised my SD and I'm like omg this is way harder than I remember. I added about 5-10lbs on this cycle compared to my last on compound exercises and 2.5 for iso's. I felt like I was about to fail before I hit 15 reps and it's the first workout. I only added 5 lbs to what I did last cycle, so I don't know. I guess its like JV said, good SD.

when you're screaming yourself out even before you reach your rep maxes, then SD has done its job very well
thumbs-up.gif
how long did you guys SD anyway? 14 days?

This is my first cycle, I took 1 week off before starting my SDs. My prior program was basically 4 days split alternating lower/upper and reducing the reps as the weight increase in 5 weeks cycle.

By the end of my first HST cycle I noticed a dramatic increase in my strength. After taking a 2-week SD I started my 2nd cycle with the 10's and i felt so weak and deconditioned I couldn't stand it. Now i'm in my second week of 5's and I can feel my strength and energy returning big time! I'm sure by the end of this cycle I will have past my previous bests, as I did after the first cycle. Man I love this HST stuff!

I am currently in my last week of my first HST cycle so I have'nt SDed yet. ALthough I have taken a week off from training before and I have always been stronger when returning. I find it unusual that you guys feel so much weaker. Maybe 1 week won't be long enough of an SD for me?

Joe G

Back