stretch v load

style

I'm thinking of adding some tricep iso's (hearsay you cry) because my tri's are lagging. I know everyone loves skullcrushers here but Im gonna use close grip bench because I feel the MUCH greater load will more than compensate for the greater stretch provided by Skullcrushers. What does everyone think?

i have had good results with both cgbp and skulls over the years. try it out and see what works best for you. just be careful of form on the cgbp, otherwise you can put some serious strain on your shoulders/wrists.

Whilst I don't disagree, have you discarded the weighted dips option?

The load here is even bigger than at cgbp.

Then again you can always mix and match!
cool.gif

I think so too, for triceps It is always good to mix them all and use exercises that make you lift your body weight..... even, I think I am more extremist ...... I have gotten my best results for triceps with the following (in order of better results):

1) top of my list and my dearest exercise along with squat, in fact I always say it is the squat for your upper body, it hits like a beast your triceps, chest and shoulders-------> push ups standing on your hands.....you don't need to be vertical.... if you get to have your body at 60 degrees off the floor then it will be ok.... if it becomes easy (after 5 years though
biggrin.gif
) you can wear a back pack with weights.

2) weighted dips (this is the one using parallel bars)

3) close grip bench press

4) tricep dips (this is the one where you put your hands on a bench, behind you....your legs on another bench and a weight between your legs and start going up and down)

actually I call dips or chest dips the ones you do on the parallel bars leaning forward..... whereas tricep dips on the parallel bars but leaning backwards .... and the tricep bench dips is the one with your arms behind you on a bench and your legs on other bench in front of you and dumbells between your legs

latinblast

how do you get to 60 degree plane to do the handstand pushups? is your body supported by a bench and is your face toward floor or ceiling? please let us know. thanks

I get the 60 degrees by standing with my stomach facing the wall, that is to say, face down... by doing it the other way I would break my neck, he he
laugh.gif
... at least when my arms fail

Back