stretching 10s

mantica

This is my second week of 10s. If 10s are considered the hypertrophy phase, shouldn't it be a good idea to make them a little bit longer, maybe stretching the second week ?
I thought to use 5% increment for the 1st week, and 2.5% increment the "second " week to reach the 10RM: this way the cycle lasts 3 week, and on the 2nd & 3rd week I'm using weights starting from 12% of my 10RM over 6 w/o.
I didn't choose to extend 10s beyond RM, because I don't want to burnout before 5s.

Does it make sense ?

Andrea

There isn't really any phase that is considered a 'hypertrophy phase' unless you include the entire cycle except for the 15s. The idea that there is a specific rep range for hypertrophy is false, it is dependent more on load and the time under tension for that load. So... it would make more sense to extend the 5s, which would be a higher load.

Here here! Extend the 5's at Totentanz says, and pay attention to your TUT/cadence of the eccentric portion of the rep. When the weight gets heavy enough, do eccentric reps only for maximum load.

Back