struggling on 2nd sets of 15s

bizzblar

Hi guys, first post. In my first workout of the second week of 15s I've found, so far just on bench that my 2nd set is impossible to do with only a couple minutes of rest. I still have a couple workouts to go this week so I was wondering if anyone else has this problem or any suggestions. Should I just knock myself down to 1 set for the remaining. Thanks guys and sorry if this has been asked (I couldnt find anything on the boards)

just do 1 set or take longer rests between sets
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

Bizz

Your second set does not matter as much as the first so...if you miss a couple of reps it is no big deal, however you can cluster them to get to the right number, say you stop at 10...rest...do another 5, that is it!

Usually 15's go with one set only and that is about what is required so...the firs is a work set and the second one is really for TUL.

Hope this helps...
cool.gif

If you are doing 2 sets of 15s then dropping several reps on the second set is not a problem. As Fausto says you are just increasing time under load and doing some more work. If you were to only make 5 reps for your second set at the end of 15s you would still be doing as much work as at the start of 10s (assuming you are doing 2 sets during 10s) and possibly more if you have any zig-zagging. It's beneficial to try to ensure that the total work done for each exercise progresses over the cycle too. That's kind of what Dan's Max-Stim workouts are geared towards - you do the same number of reps for the whole cycle, so the amount of work done is always increasing as the load increases.

Also the 15's main purpose is to induce acidosis as an aid to tendon repair, so do not worry about the sets or reps, concentrate on getting a deep burn. If this is acheived then it doesn't matter how many sets you've completed.

Thanks guys. So do most of you only do 1 set of 15s? Or do you cluster the 2nd or do you do 1 full set of 15 and then 5 after. Also what is MAX STIM, I tried to do a forum search but i think the search function is useless.

Thanks.

Check the footer in Dan's post two posts up for a link to Max-stim
wink.gif

This cycle, because I am alternating between 2 workouts, I have reduced my exercises from 11 to 7. This means that I am doing 2 sets for 15s for the first time. At the moment I can do two sets without a problem but by the end of next week things will no doubt be different. I will try do do at least 20 reps total during 15s in the second week. During 10s I may do a bit more work than previously but I'll probably finish up with just the two sets. Then for 5s I may try for 4 sets to get 20 reps and I may try doing Dan's Max-Stim where possible. It'll depend how I feel things are progressing when I get there.
rock.gif

Back