stuck with increments..HELP!

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_diss-e
  • Start date Start date
I

imported_diss-e

Hi,

so i have selected all my exercises im going to do in my HST routine and have all the rep maxes (15,10 and 5s). But now i need to calculate the increments of each rep max. I have them in KG. Should i convert them to pounds to put them in the HST Calculator???

And what percentage should i use for the increments???
I was just thinking of adding 2.5 kg every workout, but for some workouts this doesnt come out right. Like the inclince dumbell curl. By rep max15 is 10 Kg. If i would add every workout 2.5 KG, then what would the weight be at my first day of 15s?
rock.gif
?

thnx

Raj

raj

When the weights are smaller you have lower increments, and when they are very small you dont increase every workout.
You could do:
w/o 1: 7 kg
w/o 2: 7 kg
w/o 3: 8 kg
w/o 4: 9 kg
w/o 5: 9 kg
w/o 6: 10 kg
or if you cant increment with 1kg at a time (depends on what dumbbells you are using)
w/o 1: 7½ kg
w/o 2: 7½ kg
w/o 3: 7½ kg
w/o 4: 10 kg
w/o 5: 10 kg
w/o 6: 10 kg
or something similar.

Sniggel I preferred your old avatar man
tounge.gif

That's pretty much right, the general advice is start at 50% of your 5RM on your first day, so if your 5RM for curls is 20kg, then the first weight you lift is 10kg, and repeat that weight with steady progressions throughout the cycle, until you reach your 5RM.

The heavier the weight, the more progressions you can do obviously, and the bigger those progressions can be.

<div>
(Peak_Power @ Feb. 23 2007,00:51)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Sniggel I preferred your old avatar man  
tounge.gif

</div>
Haha, I hope its not because of my ugly face
tounge.gif

hi thnx alot for the help. I will be soon posting up my routine.

Raj

Raj...welcome.

The guideline for increments is 5 - 10% p/workout till the end of each two week mesocycle reaching 100% of that RM.

Therefore Kilos or pounds make no difference, I use Kilos for example!

Hi,

is adding 1 kilo (2.2 lbs) every workout sufficient for HST?

raj

Hi,

raj

Hi,

raj

Back