Switching to 5x5

AKUFADUM

Greetings Folks,

After researching 5x5 I would like to give it a try.

Any advice?
I guess 5x5 is more for strength rather the hypertrophy?
Has anyone tried and what were your results?

Reason I ask is strength for me at the moment is secondary. Growth is my primary goal.

I downloaded Bill Starr's spreadsheet pretty nifty little tool.

I won't start until I finish this cycle.

AKU

5 x 5 works well after the 5's, many of us have tried it...me included and the program works.

It will produce some growth as long as your nutrition programs.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Reason I ask is strength for me at the moment is secondary. Growth is my primary goal.</div>

You want HST.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I guess 5x5 is more for strength rather the hypertrophy?</div>

Yes.

Seems like you contradict yourself as your reasoning to switching to 5x5. You state hypertrophy is your primary goal, yet you said 5x5 is primarily for strength... I don't know anything about 5x5 so I can't give you any advice in that direction.

<div>
(UFGatorDude30 @ Jul. 05 2007,09:29)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Seems like you contradict yourself as your reasoning to switching to 5x5. You state hypertrophy is your primary goal, yet you said 5x5 is primarily for strength... I don't know anything about 5x5 so I can't give you any advice in that direction.</div>
I guess I was just trying to gauge what results other people have experienced.

I discovered 5x5 from this board and read up on it. And saw the Bill Starr's explanation had progression in it. Though on his site it mentioned it was more for strength. And was curious to see if the results were similar to HST.

Anyway, stick with HST I will
cool.gif

Thanks.

hey, im a new kid here. anyways 5x5 is a good program and i made a lot of strength gains, im currently starting a HST cycle now. i planning to do the 5x5 next april-may and HST in june-july. reason why i cant do it during the years is because of school and we have to do the football program.

Back