Testing RMs - before or after SD?

Sikanauta

I'm going to change some exercises in my next HST cycle so I have to test their RMs. Should I do this before or after SD?

Thanks! I thought that too but had to confirm
wink.gif

Another variation (think i read it on another forum) is to do the RMs at the end of each 2 week block.

M,W,F,M - progressive training up to Rep Max on Wednesday.

F - find new RM

Tho thinking about it perhaps it's best to find the new RMs after the weekend where you may be fresher to lift more weight?

rock.gif

Find new RMs at the end of your cycle.

There's really no need to worry about finding new 15RMs and 10RMs if you have done them accurately for a previous cycle. Just add 5/10lbs or so to the last ones for your next cycle (keep a record of how easy or hard your first set was for your 15RM and 10RM w/o and use that as an indicator for how much to add). Find your new 5RMs at the end of your cycle. Give yourself a few days to recover from any accumulated fatigue and then hit the gym with a vengeance.

Once you have your new 5RMs you can set up your next cycle and enjoy a pleasant SD.

Always endeavour to increase your heaviest loads each cycle.

Hey guys,

I'm back. Did some HST a few years ago and had tremendous gains when I ate pretty much close to perfect (4-5kg in a cycle 90% muscle).

I am now calculating my RMs and only have 5RM left which I will do in a few days. Do I do a SD after this RM testing week, if so then for how long, 5-7 days?

I haven't worked out in 1 year+ before this.

Back