The "best" HST

thehamma

I've just finished my first HST cycle on friday. To say that I am very excited about my results would be a gross understatement.(which I will be posting soon) This has been hands down been the most effective "training program" I have yet to use as far as both strength and size is concerned. I used the generic monday wednesday friday protocol and exercise scheme that Bryan recommends for first timers.

However, from looking at some of the "experts" and others guys on the forum the most effective way to implement HST is to do the twice a day mon wed fri protocol. I was wondering if someone could give me a basic summary of why the twice a day is more effective way to train, or send me a link or point me in the right direction? I don't want anything too hairy or complicated, just something to get familiarize myself with.

thanks
thehamma

The hamma

The best explanantion is on the HST-FAQ E-book, and here is a bit from chapter 23:

23. Optimizing HST, ...and AM/PM workouts

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]To optimize HST a person should train twice per day. He/she should use 2 routines, and AM program and a PM program.

Some exercises could be repeated but most should change from morning to evening. The normal progression of weight increments and reps to be followed.

That is twice per day, 3 times per week. So still only train MWF but train twice on those days. I think I get a little more out of it when I do whole body twice. Although, I often split up upper and lower body when something cuts my workout short in the morning.

Don't forget we're talking about volume too. The volume doesn't necessarily double. Just the frequency.

There is the possibility that training once per day 6 days per week would be just as effective.

But to be on the safe side, a rest day with massage is probably better to avoid injuries.

Download it and read it, it is the best to be able to digest the whole comcept properly!
thumbs-up.gif

Back