The studies!!!!!! ;)

_Simon_

hey guys, just wondering if anyone had read the studies posted in the FAQ.

I'm reading a few atm (trying to anyways haha) and if anyone here has read any, do you know which one contains studies on progressive overload? I'm reading abit in Time course of the MAPK and PI3-kinase response within 24 h of skeletal muscle overload

but it just tells of surgical ablation of the gastrocnemius muscle in rats, and having a constant load and measuring MAPK response after 8, 24, and 48 hours of rest.
but i can't find any regarding progressive load

ALSO one discussing fibre activation/or even hypertrophy based on % of RM would be nice lol

THANKS guys!

thanks totz! i still can't find any specific one related to progression of load....
sad.gif

I think load progression hasn't been researched explicitly. Instead, I think it was deduced from the existing research on load and the repeated bout effect.

If you read the references in my article "The Basics part 2" there is some information.

But, as far as I am aware there is only two groups who have used a progressive model and these weren't in human subjects. See Gonyea/Antonio and Farrell/Kubica.

Anderson did a series of studies that used a periodized format similar to HST in several studies or actually one study several papers. See Anderson/AAgaard and Kadi/Anderson.

ah thanks heaps mate i'll start my studying ;)
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">
I think load progression hasn't been researched explicitly. Instead, I think it was deduced from the existing research on load and the repeated bout effect.</div>

hmmm well it SHOULD have been!!!
sad.gif
laugh.gif
i think it's just really important that THAT of all things should be researched... unless i am mistaken
rock.gif

Back