Think this is enough...too much?

Spyke

Here is what I have been doing. I just want to make sure that I am not doing too much or not enough. I am making progress but now I am getting into some pretty heavy weights, so I need to spend more time warming up and I don't want my workouts to go too long.

all are 2 sets each 3x per week

bench
weighted dips
chins
seated leg press (bad back so no squats right now)
calf raises
leg curls
DB mil press
seated cable rows
tri push downs
curls

I am thinking of taking the mil press, curls and tri push downs to 1 set each. And leaving everything else. I know I could also switch off between bench and dips but the way I do my dips it seems toget the tris more then the chest.

Leave military press just like it is. And drop all direct arm work.

Thats it it hard to think of not doing curls..I know it tough for me to do sometimes too but if you are just wanting to keep it short and sweet and add some meat, that the way to do it!

Are you doing 3 sets of everything even in 15's? If so that is a little much IMO. Drop down to 2 or only one set/exercise. You don't have to drop all arm work, but I would prob drop down to only one set at the most, especially when things get heavy. As for not feeling dips in your chest, you need to lean forward to really hit the chest. Remember to keep your elbows out as well.

its pretty similar to my workout, and not to steal the thread here but i have a question concering the direct arm work like he has. if your already doing a fair amount of compound lifts like he is and then doing the isolations for the arms at the end, is it really too much? what i mean is it going to hurt your gains or will it help to do that extra, as i have no problem fitting them in time wise i just wonder sometimes if maybe im not over working them or not.

i drop arm isos when i get to the 5s..it makes the workout shorter..and i think they get a good workout from the compounds.. :D

Back