Inc. Bench
Dips
Pull Ups
Bent Over Rows
Military Press
Shrugs (on days I don't do DL's)
Curls
Skul Crushers

In the 15s, this workout took 45 min to an hour (I did 2x15 for some exercises).

In the 10s, it takes just a hair under an hour, at 2x10 sets.

In the 5s, I expect that it would take well over an hour, which is undesirable for me. (3x5 sets)

So I'm thinking of an A/B routine:

A:
Squat
Inc. Bench
Rows
Military Press
Shrugs

B:
DL(with shrug at the top)
Dips
Pull Ups
Military press (same weight as previous workout)

Arm Iso's on the third workout of the week, and only 2x5 sets, instead of 3x5.I may change the progression so that the 5s phase lasts 3 or 4 weeks instead of two.

But, it seems like 5 and 4 exercises is just too few. I could add calf raises to both A and B. Or, I could do arms on both A and B. I could do some ab work.

Any thoughts?

Cut out the isos, shrugs, and do some push-pull supersetting, and you should be able to stratch it in under an hour without compromising too much.

No, that's not too few exercises. I do only 3 on Monday's and Friday, squat, bench and rows. It will only feel like it's not enough if you're not lifting enough weight.

If you're able to, do what peakpower suggested and super set the push/pulls.

Your A/B routine looks good, I did something like that (a bit different) last cycle while extending the post-5's (4x a week, A, B, A, B). Superset chest/back exercises to save some time. This way you may even find out that you have the time to add in a bit of abs/iso work (all in under an hour).

Cheers,
Dimitris

just drop isos in the 5s make sure you have protein and carbs pre-workout and take a sports drink with you and sip on it through the workout as long as carbs are going in the body will use them and not your muscle .good luck
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

Back