Tired of putting on and pulling off weights

lizard

Today was my fist hst workout today. Do you guys get tired of pulling wieghts on and off. Seems like the whole work out was me racking weights.
ghostface.gif

Good pump

I use it as my max rest time between sets or exercises. Therefore, I kind of look forward to it.    
biggrin.gif

If it's what you are meaning, I hate having to unload the bar after I'm done but I do it out of common courtesy for others. If I was working out at home I wouldn't have to bother. I don't see why this applies to HST more than any other w/o regime though?
rock.gif

I'll assume you're working out in a gym. So home tricks won't work. Given that, you can try to set things up as doubles. For instance, if you're going to do BB curls and bench in your routine, set up your curl weight on the bar and add what you need for your bench. Work it and you only have to strip the extra off to get your curls. My entire routine works around tricks like this. You want to get in some of your big lifts first too...they take more weight so do them when you're fresher. That way you move less and less plates. And you'll get used to it anyway: like O&G said, plate loading is your rest period. So...no time for talking!

If you think you've got it tough, look at what stevejones must have to go through.
biggrin.gif

Just putting his weights back would be a workout for most guys.

Yah, this one does not bother me, kinda like O & G, it is my rest time, a big shlep when there is a partner that does not lift as much as you!
laugh.gif

It is part of teh deal I guess! It will be worst in a gym I imagine.

One suggestion do supersets, that seems to waste less time and helps score on the hypertrophy side of things!

I just bring all the weights I'm going to use over to the bench and keep them there the whole workout. if somebody tries to use them I say, hang on, just a couple more sets. You should see the look on people's faces when I keep all the dumbbells from 55-85 pounds over at the bench for an hour.

Dude, don't hate it - think of it as an extra chance to improve yourself.

EVERYONE has one side that's smaller or weaker than the other side. That is your plate handling side - great forearm catchup, great bicep catchup, with practice, it's a great tricep catchup.

Remember - the name of the HST game is frequency - how many lightweight curls and tricep extensions are you getting handling plates with your smaller/weaker side? Now instead of a 1" difference - my difference is less than 1/2".

I'm sorry, but this topic just sounds so strange.

"Man, I hate having to put these weights on the bar and then take them off again! They're so HEAVY! They make me so tired! OK, now let's see if I can hit a new personal best on bench press..."

tounge.gif

Handling some heavy dumbells or even a 100lb weight keeps me motivated between exercises. As O&G and Fausto pointed out, it's part of that grand ol rest time!

<div>
(SweetDaddyPatty @ Oct. 01 2006,14:17)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I just bring all the weights I'm going to use over to the bench and keep them there the whole workout.  if  somebody tries to use them I say, hang on, just a couple more sets.  You should see the look on people's faces when I keep all the dumbbells from 55-85 pounds over at the bench for an hour.</div>
this might be one of the dumbest things ive ever read.

<div>
(bluejacket @ Oct. 03 2006,23:09)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(SweetDaddyPatty @ Oct. 01 2006,14:17)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I just bring all the weights I'm going to use over to the bench and keep them there the whole workout. if somebody tries to use them I say, hang on, just a couple more sets. You should see the look on people's faces when I keep all the dumbbells from 55-85 pounds over at the bench for an hour.</div>
this might be one of the dumbest things ive ever read.</div>
That IS a rather selfish thing to do. How would you feel if someone did that to you at the gym? I thought we were all supposed to show respect for each other in this game...

<div>
(SweetDaddyPatty @ Oct. 01 2006,14:17)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I just bring all the weights I'm going to use over to the bench and keep them there the whole workout.  if  somebody tries to use them I say, hang on, just a couple more sets.  You should see the look on people's faces when I keep all the dumbbells from 55-85 pounds over at the bench for an hour.</div>
lolol...not in my gym you don't, son

<div>
(lizard @ Sep. 11 2006,10:44)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Today was my fist hst workout today. Do you guys get tired of pulling wieghts on and off. Seems like the whole work out was me racking weights.
ghostface.gif

Good pump</div>
Yep, it's a huge pain, especially when it's leg press or deadlift time. Really not much of a way around it in a commercial gym

<div>
(SweetDaddyPatty @ Oct. 01 2006,14:17)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I just bring all the weights I'm going to use over to the bench and keep them there the whole workout. if somebody tries to use them I say, hang on, just a couple more sets. You should see the look on people's faces when I keep all the dumbbells from 55-85 pounds over at the bench for an hour.</div>
Hey SDP (or anyone for that matter),
Probably not a good idea IMO.
When there are weights, bench's or machines I need &amp; someone is taking too much time, I (in a pushy kind of way) insist I working with them, then accelerate their workout 10 fold. I have a real problem with anything or anyone that impedes my workout/progress. I am very thoughtful when I train, always allow others to work in &amp; never hog, even if it means taking 100's of lbs off the bar/machine. It's just the courteous thing to do.

O

besides,
what effective w/o (hst?) do you know of that involves...a bench, a bunch of dumbells btw 55-85lbs and an HOUR?
this guy might get away with this once. but after that i'd like to see the look on his face when no one bothered to ask and just took the wgts he had in his little &quot;yard sale&quot;.

<div>
(Totentanz @ Oct. 03 2006,23:18)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(bluejacket @ Oct. 03 2006,23:09)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
this might be one of the dumbest things ive ever read.</div>
That IS a rather selfish thing to do. How would you feel if someone did that to you at the gym? I thought we were all supposed to show respect for each other in this game...</div>
Sorry, that was a joke. It's my pet peeve. I see people do it in my gym all the time and I wonder &quot;what went wrong in your upbringing?&quot;

<div>
(SweetDaddyPatty @ Oct. 07 2006,13:24)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Sorry, that was a joke. It's my pet peeve. I see people do it in my gym all the time and I wonder &quot;what went wrong in your upbringing?&quot;</div>
You had us all &quot;wondering what went wrong with your upbringing&quot;....lol
But thats cool, no problem
smile.gif

Back