to all high frequency-maniacs

Nemesis7884

when i hit my rm's or am close to it i usually have problems keeping my frequency as high as usual (5x full body) due to higher recovery needs - do you have similar problems? how do you handle them?

mmmm, you must have a good amount of excercises then. I have about 13 which includes stretch for most compound movements and i don't really ahve a problem in the end. SOmetimes when i do, i just remove the stretch movements, and if it really bothers me then i won't do the burn sets afterwards. If you don't have that many excercises, you could just remove the ones that target smaller muscle groups for a bit until your big 4 feels easy with high freq. So for example, i would stop doing my barbell curls and tricep ext, but continue with bench and squat until I feel alright with them, and then bring back the smaller excercises. O, and btw. I don't start 5x until I am at the last few days of the 10s because metabolic fatigue is still pretty high throughout the 10s, so high freq might burn you out reallll quick.
good luck

pzhang

I do what noobie suggested and when I get to the 5's and post 5's I continue to do all my core movements with following the program but I keep my isolation movements in a higher rep range 10-15. This has really helped me a lot and I can continue to get stronger and grow with the core lifts and also not injure myself trying to do heavy isolations. It seems to be working like a charm for me. I am currently in the middle of my 2 week SD which was much needed but I am looking forward to clanging the weights again.

Mike

Back