To start SD or not

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_dans4173
  • Start date Start date
I

imported_dans4173

im on the 1st cycle starting 8th wk of 8 wk cycle. i was probably not really deconditioned starting this first cycle, nevertheless, have gained 8 good lbs.

my strength and form is starting to slide a little. so, should i start deconditioning 1 week early or should i continue to do the last week of 5's before the scheduled SD?

Thanks for any input!

Unless your joints are playing up keep going and just watch your form. Only three more w/os to a glorious SD! Perhaps take a little bit longer to rest between sets if you can afford the time or cluster reps.

Eat, eat and eat some more!

I agree.

Only 3 to go if your joints are fine...keep going.
cool.gif

<div>
(dans4173 @ Nov. 07 2006,18:59)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">im on the 1st cycle starting 8th wk of 8 wk cycle. i was probably not really deconditioned starting this first cycle.

my strength and form is starting to slide a little.</div>
I am going to buck the trend here a little bit and say that all of these signs are indications that it is time to SD now. With weight used decreasing and form slipping, he is an injury waiting to happen. A sore joint is just one indicator of the need to SD.
wink.gif

In this case, I think a 10 day to 2 week SD would be the most beneficial.
cool.gif

lol. I guess somebody must have disagreed with me as my &quot;rating&quot; dropped 0.8 points. I'm crushed.
sad.gif
I can no longer wear my shades with pride.
cool.gif
What, oh what shall I ever do?
sad.gif
This could push me over the edge. I wonder who it was? Probably Bryan!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Thanks, Joe, but I can never get to '5.0' again.  &lt;sniff&gt; &lt;sniff&gt; I'm so distraught I may have to fall on my sword and commit Howie Cowie! Who was this dastardly back-stabbing sneak thief? Expose yourself you lil weasel so I can rest in eternal peace. &lt;sniff&gt; &lt;sniff&gt;    
sad.gif

I can plead innocent since I don't know how to do it!
tounge.gif

When possible, I try to schedule my SD's for times when it is difficult to train such as the upcoming Thanksgiving or Christmas weeks. Doesn't always work out that way but it does more often than not.

Firm

<div>
(Old and Grey @ Nov. 08 2006,15:20)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">lol. I guess somebody must have disagreed with me as my &quot;rating&quot; dropped 0.8 points. I'm crushed.  
sad.gif
     I can no longer wear my shades with pride.  
cool.gif
   What, oh what shall I ever do?    
sad.gif
   This could push me over the edge. I wonder who it was? Probably Bryan!    
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
</div>
i dont get the rating thing
rock.gif
how does that work.

I dont think its a very good system, gives people the wrong impressions. Ive noticed many knowledgeable people here who have less than 5 just because they probably got into a discussion with someone stubborn who then lowered their rating regardless of if they were proved right or not.
Maybe it would be better if people werent allowed to rate others until they had been here for a certain amount of time, i think staying around here for a while is a good way to weed out the myths people may have picked up behind training/diet from elsewhere so dissagreements shouldnt happen to often. Also i dont think one vote should be able to completely change a persons rating, maybe base it on what the majority of votes given are instead. So if the person has been rated 5 ten times and got one 2 they're still rated as a 5.
biggrin.gif

Exactly

Johnny H hit the nail on the head.

Oh hell I hope this is not taken the wrong way or my # will go down..hehe.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

All voting systems must be inherently flawed. I mean just look at the results - we have Blair in the UK, you have Bush over there in the US. I vote for no voting system!
biggrin.gif

<div>
(quadancer @ Nov. 09 2006,08:41)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I LIKE Bush and Blair...uh oh, there goes my ratings...Well, I had more than I deserve anyway!
sad.gif
</div>
Agreed.

I also agree with Johnny H that a person should have a certain amount of posts before he/she can rate someone.... say 50?

Back