Too Low Starting Weights

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_hangi24-7
  • Start date Start date
I

imported_hangi24-7

Hey, I'm just about to start my 3rd HST cycle and I am wondering about what to do if the starting weights (15 reps) are too low? For some exercises, it's fine because going slow and SD = massive burn
tounge.gif

But what about exercises like Squats and SLDL where I want a big increment (5kg) but the problem is that my 15RM is not very high?

For example, my 15RM for Squats is only 47kg, meaning for my first 15 workout my starting weight is 47-(5x5)= 22kg, which is not enough to cause any feeling of exertion, even with added sets and slow tempo.

As I want to maintain 5kg increments for these exercises, what can I do about these low starting weights?

You can work at the one weight for the 15s, This phase is designed to customise the joints for working with weights again. Any effect on muscles is secondary :)

Wow really? I thought that you had to create a minimum effective starting weight and progress to your 15RM?

If your 15RM for a particular exercise is low, you can use it throughout the whole of the 15s.

Alternatively, you could continue with the "no burn" squats and increase reps until yu do burn - but don't fatigue your CNS...or choose leg press, figure out your 15RM and use that for 15s.

Back