Training during SD

ok, I did a search but I didn't find what I was looking for...

so I'm on my last week (week 8) of HST and I'll start my SD on saturday Nov. 19 and stop Dec. 4. If you've seen my training schedule that I've posted on this forum then you would know that I do not train my legs or abs HST style. Anyway, my question is this; during my SD can I do cardio and train my abs and legs since I didn't train them HST style?

thanks!

If you are not training your abs or legs during your next cycle, then go ahead. As for cardio, that's not a problem either (maybe avoid some sprinting as you use your arms.) Just remember to eat so you won't have the chance of losing some muscle.

you think maintenance level cals should be good enough? I def. don't want to lose any muscle. And i'll probably only be doing the cardio on my last week of SD, so probably only 2 or 3 30min. sessions of treadmil or elliptical. Then i'm going to stop cardio all together until I hit a plateau on a CKD cutting diet.

As long as you have an ample protein intake pre/post WO and throughout the day.. then you may be able to get away with maintenance... keep measurements day to day (weight, bf%...) if you can, and then if the numbers slip, boost the caloric intake.

Back