two questions about hst

iceman0625

With so many exercises to choose from, I don't know whats to be done or not. Obviously I don't want to choose too many or too little and what to choose? I know I will choose basics like Flat Bench Press and P-Squat. I know that I want my bis and tris to increase in size so I want to choose some workouts for those

Second, in the E-book of HST FAQ, I read " Although, I often split up upper and lower body when something cus my workout short in the morning. Don't forget we're talking abotu volume too. The volume doesn't necessarily double, just the frequency.

What is the volume?

Question 2

Volume is basically the total number of reps you do in a workout; in other words, volume = sets x reps.

Question 1

First figure out how much volume you want to do. Think about how many sets you would like to do for each muscle group, making sure that your body can handle it, of course. Then pick your exercises accordingly. Compound movements should be the core of your routine and should cover the entire body. As long as this condition is satisfied, the particular compound exercises you choose won't matter too terribly much. Some people prefer to do 1 set for several exercises (e.g. 1 set of bench press, incline bench, and dips for chest), whereas others prefer to do multiple sets of the same lift (e.g. 3 sets of dips). It's your choice what you would like to do.

Isolation movements should then be chosen so as to add a little extra strain to muscles you would like to bring up (in your case, bis and tris). Personally, I would go with incline DB curls and skull crushers. You can perform your isolation movements throughout the entire cycle, but it is not entirely necessary to include them during the 15s, so you may consider adding them in starting with the 10s. One nice benefit of doing this is that it will make your weight progression scheme easier, since your 15, 10, and 5 rep maxes for isolation movements are likely not too far apart, which could create problems with zigzagging and repeating weights several times.

Back