Upper/lower body split with hybrid A/B arrangement

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_etothepii
  • Start date Start date
I

imported_etothepii

I'm still pondering my next HST bulking cycle, and today, an upper/lower split seems compelling...

Here's what I was thinking:

Upper A

Bench
Chins
Mil Press
Dips (One set only)
Bent Rows (one set only)
Upright rows (one set only)

Lower A

Full Squats
Leg Curls
Front Squats
Leg Extensions
Calf Raises

Upper B

Dips
Bent Rows
Upright rows
Bench (one set only)
Chins (one set only)
Mil Press (one set only)

Lower B

Deads
Leg Curls
Front Squats
Leg Extensions
Calf Raises

The pattern would be

M --Upper A
T --Lower A
W --UpperB
TH -- Lower B
F --Upper A
S --Lower A

M -- Upper B
T --Lower B

Etc.

Also, what do you think of dead lifts on the lower body day?

looks
cool.gif
drop leg-ext-curls and add deadlifts good luck
biggrin.gif

<div>
(faz @ Mar. 06 2007,11:51)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">looks
cool.gif
 drop leg-ext-curls and add deadlifts good luck
biggrin.gif
</div>
So, are you saying do DL's, front squats, and full squats on every lower body day? (Plus calves?)

So, my lower body day:
A:
Dead Lift
Squat
Calves

B:
Dead Lift
Front Squat
Calves

Not much work going on there.

Any ohter suggestions, or would that do it?

P.S. I would like to be working (burning calories) about the same amount on upper and lower day, so I can eat consistently every day.

Edit: I suppose I could do abs on lower day too...

Well, this is a little less than what I had planned, but I kind of like it.

In the big picture, I'm looking to maintain weight in SD (of course), loose a few pounds of fat in the 15s by making each workout an &quot;Afterburn&quot; type workout -- two sets of 15, short breaks, HIIT cardio right after. I'll eat the same calories I did during SD, so I'll be in a calorie deficit based on activity, not cutting calories.

Then in the 10s, ramp up the calories, decrease the cardio and try to gain a pound per week by the second week of the tens through the post 5s.

I'm hoping to loose around 3 pounds of primarily fat in the beginning, and gain around 6 pounds of muscle (and inevitibly fat) in the end, but after a cycle, have roughly the same or lower bf%, but weigh more.

By the time I SD again, I will ramp down the calories again to maintenance level.

If this works, then in three cycles, I'd be looking at 9 pounds more muscle, no appreciable body fat increase(on a % basis at least).

Maybe it won't work the way I planned it, but I don't mind being a Guinnea Pig for now.

Back