using HST to cut(drop bodyfat%)??

S_F_H

keep up doing hst when reaching the cutting stage still a good idea?? are there any changes to apply to make it work? or is it all about modifying my diet plan?

thx!

Change your diet....basically lower the calories beneath your maintanence.

If you werent to do HST during cutting what would you do?

Joe G

dunno lol!

maybe I'd been asking somebody for advice in case there would be something else "dedicated" to cutting.. as i previously thought hst was only for bulking! :)

thx!

Hst can work well for cutting, but I would make some modifications. Don't do an SD while cutting, for one. Instead of doing the 15s during the first two weeks, you should start with the 10s or even the 5s, so you can get into the heavier weights. Do the 15s interspersed with the 5s, so you do 5s MWF, then 15s TTHF. Don't use high volume, don't use isolations very much. Stick to compounds and only a couple sets for each exercise.
If you need to do this for quite a while, then you can extend it for a long time using various techniques. You may not be able to handle as much weight, so be prepared to cut back if necessary. I would only increment every third workout. Do negatives if possible, after you've done the 5s.

MWF? TTHF? :)

right now my hst (for bulking) is being done 2 set of 15, 10 and 5 respectively...
oinly isolation movements i have are the incline bi curl and skullcrusher for tri... what would need to be change in this?

Back