Using HST w/Bowflex home gym

tdsong

Hey, can one utilize HST with a Bowflex or any other decent home gym?  I'm seriously looking at getting it or another capable home gym in the near future.

Thanks in advance for responding!

I sure hope so; I've been using a Bowflex Xtreme for 2 years and probably would not have started weight training without it.  If you want to work out in private, work out without a spotter, and have money to spare, then I would consider it.  However, you don't have to look like the guy in the commercial to outgrow the resistance it provides in the heavy exercises like squat, calf raise, or shrugs.  For most exercises, the rods do not offer the labeled resistance.  The 30 + 10 + 10 + 5 rods offer less resistance than a 50 and the resistance lessens with higher heat, so keep that in mind when charting your progression.  I am using free weights for some exercises.

Sorry I was thinking you already had the bowflex.

If you haven't bought it yet...Enigma is right.

I had a bowflex it was nice...just no were near free weights...and for same amount of money you can get nice free weights.

Also Powerblocks work well if you arelooking for saving space.

Powertech rocks! Wish I'd known they were in South Africa whne I bought my gym station!

I'd sure go for the cage (power rack + bench) and free weights!

Back