Utilization of Rest-Pause to replace Eccentric-only training

jpcowboy

Bryan, I was wondering if you could utilize the Rest-Pause training method to replace the eccentric phase of a cycle if you are training by yourself and, if so, what training guidelines would you recommend?

Many people consider the Rest-Pause method the best in intensity techniques that can be applied infrequently, and I was just curious as to how effective it might actually be. Thank you for your time.

You should look up Myo-Reps or Max-Stim on these boards. Many have used Max-Stim during the last 2 weeks of the cycle.

Doing heavy rest-pause work toward the end of an HST cycle would be perfect in my opinion. There's a reason why Mike Mentzer got so huge, and RP was a big part of it. Take a look at Mike's Heavy Duty training here: http://www.criticalbench.com/heavy-duty.htm. I think you can absolutely apply the same type of principle - work up close to maybe a 2-rep max, and do a RP triple with the load. THAT is the way to finish a cycle!

Thank you, Tim. I like the way Mike Mentzer utilized the RP method. I think I will use Max-Stim for the first week of the last part of the HST cycle, and the RP method of Mike Mentzer in the 2nd week. I think that the strategic deconditioning after this is an absolute must. So intense. Thank you.

Back