Volume Post 5's

Captain Crunch

So I have started my posts2 week 5's and am doing the negatives and drop sets when all of a sudden it hit me. How much of these am I supposed to be doing? During the 10's I was doing 2 sets of each movement. During the 5's I was doing 3 sets of each movement or clustering to get 15 reps per movement. Now that I am post 5's what is my target? Still 15 total reps per movement with negatives and drop sets or less because of the strain? Today I was doing a combination of dropsets on my incline bench and shoulder press. Then I was doing negatives on my Chins. On the negatives I was still trying to get 3 sets of 5. On my drops sets I was shedding 20 lbs twice for a combination of starting 4 reps, drop 20 lbs for 4 reps and drop 20 lbs more for 6 reps which was a total of 14 reps for that movement and I did that twice. Is this too much or not enough? How many sets of drops do you do?

How many times do you drop when doing drop sets? How many reps are we aiming for?

I hope this message make some sense. I just read it over and I'm not sure it makes sense to me but it is getting late and I'm going to let it fly anyway. I'm sure someone here can understand it.
;)

Thanks

Mike

I believe the rep range for dropsets is 15-20, your workset reps included. As far as how much weight is stripped and how many times, it seems to be personal preference. Some people here prefer to strip once and pump out the rest, while others might strip twice, or more.
I am interested in hearing about the volume though. I'm spending an hour+ a day here, reading current/ancient threads, I'm seriously overloading and forgetting quickly.
That customizing thread seems to be a gold mine though. Maybe if I can get control of my ADD I'll be able to get past the second page one day.

edit: For a fairly conditioned person, would a volume scheme for 15s/10s/5s/negs of 1set/2sets/3sets/3sets respectively be optimal?
I feel retarded asking this since the answer to this is probably a few clicks away.
crazy.gif

Back