Weigh increaes

hah2110

Just wrapped up my first week of HST. The HST notes say that there is a mandatory increase in weight each workout. The only thing is that this just is impossible unless someone advises me of a gym that has .5 and 1lb weights. For example, my 15RM on Lateral Rear Raise is 10lbs. At a 5% increase each workout, that is 1/2lb. My gym has 7.5s so the best I can do besides 5lb weights (way too easy) is 7.5, 7.5, 7.5, 10, 10, 10.

A similar example is dips. If I use the assisted machine, the machine jumps from 25 - 40. So I can do 40lbs 15x, but then I have to jump to 25lbs. The next "increase" is 10lbs.

How about EZ bar curls? 15RM is bar + 35lbs. The smallest increment is 5lbs. I obviously can't increment 5lbs each workout.

Thanks!

What is meant by mandatory increase in weight is progressively increasing the weight.
7.5, 7.5, 7.5, 10, 10, 10 is fine because its progressively increasing the weight. If your finding it (way too easy) then just increase the volume of that exercise.
AKA instead of:
7.5lbs x 15 reps x 1 set
Do
7.5lbs x 15 reps x 2+ sets

Remember its all about breaking down your muscle tissue just enough that you can hit it again in 48hrs.
If you take a look at my workout journal you'll see that I'm adjusting the volume as I'm going, to suit my body's recovery limit.

Last edited:
If you read the FAQ's in the forum, you'll see that this issue is addressed and using the same weight where increments aren't available is fine. It only becomes an issue if you stay at the same weight for about a month or longer.

Didn't I already give you the link to the faq article where Bryan and Blade say that you can repeat loads when necessary?

Back