weight increment frequency question..

S_F_H

I'm in my 2nd week of 10s.. and i havnet reallly felt sore any days yet in my training (should that be considered normal?) and i had guess my 10s and 5s with my 15s results... so on my 2nd week of 10s, as it gets heavier, i read that u might wanna do only 1 set on the 2nd week... and throughout my 15s and 10s, i incremented it 2 times, 2 workouts with the last 15s, 2 workouts increment and 2 workouts weightxreps limit... and what happened is that wednesday of my 2nd week, which should be the day of my heaviest 10s and should only manage to do only 1 set, i realize i was able to complete 2 sets.. but the 2 sets was my limit! should i jump up few pounds and make sure to do only 1 set? or stick with that?? my question is, would it be better to stick with 2 sets (and IMO, i feel a better pump with 2 sets than 1... normal??) or should i drop heavier to 1 set?? (as for my heaviest workout of the 10s)

thx!!

S_F_H

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'm in my 2nd week of 10s.. and i havnet reallly felt sore any days yet in my training (should that be considered normal?) and i had guess my 10s and 5s with my 15s results.

Two things:

1 - Your SD was too short therefore your conditioning to weight training requires longer SD, in oredr to get effectiveness and some soreness during the 15's and or 10's, however getting sore is not or should not be the aim at all.
tounge.gif

2 - You have guessed your 10's and 5's maximums, (which you can do) and are out (on the low side).

If I were you seeing that with 2 sets you are feeling right, I'd carry on and when I reach the end of teh cycle ponder on all this before putting up my next cycle (keep this info in mind)
wow.gif

but stilll im wandering if it would be more effective (since one of the hst's basics is to increase weight progressively) to do a workout heavier with 1 set or stay at my 10s limit weight with 2 sets?

do as many sets as u feel u need...i do 2 on 15s... 2 on 10s and 3 on 5s...see how u feel if u get to your 2nd wk of 10s and cant make 2sets then just do one...good luck :D

Back