What are you guys doing for energy?

Dvst8or

I have noticed that my workouts seem to be alot better and more productive when I have taken a 5 hour energy drink before my workout to help wake me up. But those things are expensive so I was wondering what you guys might be doing to help with energy for your workouts.

Thanks in advance,
Brian

I've been taking a preworkout supplement by Body Fortress that is similar to NO-Xplode sorta... has caffeine, tyrosine, creatine and etc in it. I don't really care about the argnine in it either way, but it does make my workouts seem to go better. I originally had ordered my own creatine and tyrosine blend from trueprotein and added that to my preworkout shake with the addition of a caffeine pill for energy, but it didn't blend well so I quit. This stuff from Body Fortress is cheap at meijer or wal-mart and it mixes better than the stuff I had. It tastes ok.

I have noticed that my workouts seem to be alot better and more productive when I have taken a 5 hour energy drink before my workout to help wake me up. But those things are expensive so I was wondering what you guys might be doing to help with energy for your workouts.

Thanks in advance,
Brian

This time around, I started taking Scivation XTEND preworkout because I started training first thing in the morning. I like it pretty well, it seems to work for me. I might try something else when this runs out. I ordered a sample of Purple Wraath, so we'll see if it is as good or better. XTEND is about 1/2 the price of Purple Wraath, though. I think XTEND is $23 and PW is $45, retail.

I was wondering what you guys might be doing to help with energy for your workouts.
Lol once advised me to take a bit of "choccy" before attempting a heavy deadlift. I took his advice; chocolate works wonders.

Currently I'm on Lyle's Rapid Fat Loss Diet, so "choccy" is off my menu. Instead, I've been using fast acting glucose tablets (like for diabetics) before my workouts. One tablet provides a quick 4 grams of carbs; enough for me to get most of the way through a workout.

I’ve been using NO-Xplode since I can’t wake up and get going in the morning when I need to work out. First time I used it, it got me pretty hyped up but within a couple days that wore off and it just helps me wake up and feel energized. I found it on Amazon for about $10 less than I could buy it locally.

There are a lot of products/supplements out there for pre workout consumption, and you only will know what works for you once you try a few out.

I have been recently taking ALDI N Gorge. It is a combination of Creatine and NO2, and I take 4 tablets, 1/2 hour before my workout. Gives me great energry and also gives a great pump in the gym. But I only take this on 6 week cycles.

Happy training!

I don't do anything fancy. I think most pre-workout energy supps are nothing but overpriced caffeine delivery systems anyway, so I stick with coffee for quick energy. For long term energy, I make sure I get a lot of good complex carbs the day before a workout. I'm also sipping BCAA's and water before and during my workout, but this isn't so much for energy as it is to prevent muscle catabolism during a workout which would also help carry you through.

Back