what can I do for my legs?

Taking Cattle

I was a really fat kid, played a lot of sports, and found out when I lost the weight that I have legs like Tom Platz. I've got an upper body like Jim Carrey.

My legs get bigger for no reason, so for the last year I've only been training them with singles, doubles, and triples while training my upper body for size.

I want to start an HST cycle, but I don't know what to do for my legs. Should I just do 3 cycles of my 5 rep max? Should I do a cycle of 5rm, 3rm, and 1rm? 5rm, 3rm, 5rm? One looooooong 5rm cycle that takes up 6-8 weeks in a wave-loading format?

Any suggestions for a mass-less lower body cycle?

i bet even tom platz had to work his @$$ off to get legs that big, so if you have quads like that without training, you're definitely special. perhaps you should get into professional bodybuilding? :)

lol I can just picture walking out on stage, all oiled up, with my scrawny torso on my godzilla legs. I'd score well if the judges had bifocals.

Only work your legs twice per week at a load you are used to using (IE maintenance load) be it 10 rm or 8 rm or 5, just not more than you are used to using. Do not increase the load on the legs throughout the entire cycle(s) until you are confortable with your upper body and then add then legs into your HST routine.

Sounds like you could even cut your leg training to one set once a week or perhaps every other week. You are blessed, not cursed. Strong legs are the key to a long healthy active lifestyle.
thumbs-up.gif

i actually have a remotely similar problem. i tend to accumulate fat more in my lower than in my upper body. i'm a bit over 13% bodyfat right now, but my taking a caliper to my abs reveals a 20mm measurement. chest measurement is 8mm, but leg is 15mm (!!!). that's one of the reasons i have 26" thighs at 5'9" and 170lbs, and i did have 27" thighs when i was a little heavier. the biggest disadvantage is i have a BIG butt.
sad.gif

Back