what do you think about my HST

Budzyn

HI!

I would like you check my HST. In my gym is only barbell, bench and a lot of weights so I thought that this plan will be good for me:

squat
deadlift/ yates row
bench press
shoulder press
Barbell Biceps Curls
Triceps Extensions

what do you think about it?

THX for your help:)

ps. I am very sorry if I made mistakes but I come form Poland and unfortunetely I do not good in English:(

Last edited:
I think you should consider switching out the Yates row and putting in Pendlay/BB rows. You'd get better muscle recruitment for your back that way; Yates is great for trap/rhomboid work, but not necessary the lats. Also - I agree with faz; some form of vertical pulling should be in your cycle if you have a place in the gym to do 'em.

THX for help:)

Unfortunetely I practice in gym in my house and I have not device for making chins or dips or pullups. I can do only exercises with burbell.
So what do you think? - what i can add to my training plan?

How much series I should do in 15, how much in 10, how much in 5 and neg. ?

Tim:
Could you repeat in oder words? because I don't understand:( - I am from Poland.

In your opinion I shouldn't do Yates row?

Last edited:
Sorry Budzyn. I'll try to be clearer.

The Yates row doesn't work as much of your back as a Pendlay row. I think you should do Pendlay rows instead of Yates rows.

It's too bad that you can't do chins or pullups. Stick to rows and you should be fine.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your help:)

So better is pendlay row than yates row? Can I do deadlift/pendlay row? for example monday-pendlay, wednesday-deadlift, friday-pendlay. The same way each week. Is it good idea?

what is the best exercise for chest in your opinion?

how much series I should do in 15, 10, 5 and neg?

Last edited:
Back