What is the perfect Timing of Servings ??

amostafa

Hi,

i started my 2 weeks 10 RM yesterday, i also bought a "ON's 100 EGG protein", and start taking it also yestrday...

I am wondering, how many servings per day i should take and when?, what are the perfect timing for taking servings? i know it should be before and after workout, but how long before, and how long after?,, is it one hour before work out and one hour after work out?

And, i am working out 3 time a week, so, do i have to take the protien servings only in the days i workout in or everyday?

And please note that i am, I am 175 cm tall, and  80 Kgm, that means that i have extra am 5 kgm,,, so does the servings should decreast in my cases?

Thanks

[b said:
Quote[/b] (amostafa @ April 27 2005,1:16)]I am wondering, how many servings per day i should take and when?,

what are the perfect timing for taking servings? i know it should be before and after workout, but how long before, and how long after?,, is it one hour before work out and one hour after work out?

And, i am working out 3 time a week, so, do i have to take the protien servings only in the days i workout in or everyday?
To get a complete understanding read the article "Pre/Post Exercise Nutrition" here.

But in a nutshell, eat a fast acting protein (your On Whey for example) immediatley or as close as you can before your workout, maybe add some carbs also.

Eat a slow acting protein ( Your egg protein) after your workout, and eat some other foods throughout the rest of the day to help keep protein synthesis high through out the next 24 to 36 hours.

dkm1987 and Totentanz, thanks alot, i just finished my 1st cycle and i get great results ,,, HST is the best,,,
i toke egg protien in my 10 RM and 5 RM, as you said, before and after the workout...

in my second cycle god welling i will take whey protien before and egg protien after, as you said dkm1987....

thanks a gain guys...

As you probalby know the RDA for protein is .8 g/kg of body weight. In your case this puts you at 64 grams a day which is most likely not enough for you since you are a regular strength trainer. Know that the amount of protein required to optimize muscle mass is controversal with different people saying different things. This said, many experts recommend between 1.4-1.8 g/ kg body weight and have had success with this amount. Any complete protein will do, egg, whey etc. Also, dont neglect carbohydrates since they are important also.
As for timing between meals, you are correct when you say there is a window of about an hour or so post workout when feeding might lead to greater amino acid and glycogen uptake. you wil still make gains after this so if you get stuck in traffic after the gym, dont fret :)
Hope that helps
Joe Cannon
www.Joe-Cannon.com

Back