What supplements would you reccomend for me?

ChadsMach1

Right now I'm on SD before my first set of 15's. I have my weights set, and I'm ready to go. Here's what I'm taking:

Creatine (Optimum Nutrition)
Glutamine (Optimum Nutrition)
Whey Protein: Chocolate (Optimum Nutrition)
Dextrose

Basically, before I start training, I take in my usual protein (about 40 grams from whey). I will perform my exercises (drinking about 2 liters of water in that time frame). After working out, I will take in about 5 grams of Creatine, 5 grams of Glut, 30-40 grams of protein (from one of the various shakes my gym sells), then a scoop of Dextrose (40-60 grams). I figure this should be plenty to for that anibolic window after my workout.

My question is is there any supplements I can take to help me drop my body fat quicker? What can I do or take to help turn it into energy for the gym, so I can burn it while I work out? I've been looking at things like Hydroxycut, Lean System 7, Xenadrine, Yohimbe Fuel...etc. Do any of these really work, giving you energy to fuel a workout and burn off fat?

I take green tea extract and caffeine this works well for me with no jitters at all...Ephedra makes me bipolar
tounge.gif

Dear ChadsMach1,

It might do you good to decrease or eliminate that post-workout serving of dextrose.

Perhaps, a better workout nutrition strategy would be:

Preworkout: 30gm whey with creatine in water
Postworkout: 30gm whey in water

The glutamine has been shown not to be able to reach one's muscles (this should be in the FAQs somewhere) so don't waste your money on glutamine anymore. Besides, for that price per gram, you might as well buy more whey protein. Gives you better bang for your buck really.

Cutting the carbs will help you get lean. If you wish to take a supplement, try getting generic ephedrine and caffeine, combining these two in a ratio of 1:10. The textbook dosage for this combo would be 20mg ephedrine with 200mg caffeine taken no more than three times a day, taken before each main meal. Because of its stimulant nature, you can start at lower dosages, working your way up to the full dose over two weeks. This will help minimize any acclimatization to a restored adrenal defect.

These thermogenic products do work, but ultimately it is a question of energy balance. As long as you create a repeated energy deficit, you will lose fat. This does not mean starving yourself. Au contraire, it might mean eating baseline calories but increasing your activity in order to create such energy deficit. The best way is the HST way. If you perform a split AM/PM type workout schedule, you will be burning more calories and this can suffice to build muscle AND strip fat.

Godspeed, and happy HSTing :)

I disagree with Dianabol, there is no reson to drop the post workout dextrose, you need to refill your glycogen stores, after a workout you have increases glycogen synthesis as well as protein synthesis, that dextrose will not result in cals stored as fat, trust me, dont take the dextrose after cardio, only after wieghts sessions, you will be safe with this, and I also recommend 2 hours later after your post wo shake do another protein cho meal (no or low fat) this time with lower glycemic chos, like oats or something in the same ratio as the POW shake, all other meals in the day should be protein and fat meals (poly/monos, not saturated), except if you eat a meal after your two pro/cho meals, then in this meal no fat, just pro and fiber...You need to restore your glycogen after weight training, or you will be working against your self, it is proven that an extremly low cho diet is no more effective at burning fat then a moderately cho diet so long as macros are clean and the total cal is the same (in a defecit), if you want on off days, only eat one pro/cho meal that day (later in the day) and make it a low ratio something like 35 pro and 25 cho (one 1/2 cup oats), this should do you fine, cardio in the am 7 days/week on an empty stomach if you really wnat results, then train later in the day with weights...

Back