What the heck!?

Garratt

Check out this info from muscle media, and tell me if it's full of crap, or if it's true: Q:  How long after I exercise should I wait to eat?

A:  This is a great question! Researchers have long sought an optimal meal time after a workout to yield maximum results. There has been an ongoing debate as to when the best time to eat post-workout would be. Certain physiological mechanisms, influenced by meal timing, may very well contribute to both burning fat and building muscle. You see, after a workout, your body continues to produce powerful hormones like growth hormone and testosterone, peaking after your workout and declining from there until levels return to normal about an hour later. Due to these elevations, your body continues to burn fat and recover at an accelerated rate during that period of time. By eating, you may shut off these processes, so to maximize results you must find the balance between your post-exercise recovery meal and the elevations of these hormones.

We typically recommend waiting anywhere from 45 to 60 minutes after weight training to eat. Depending on your schedule and other factors, it is always optimal to eat within the first hour after training. In fact, some people feel it is best to eat immediately after training to maximize recovery.

Well now i'm confused.....? Eat RIGHT after or not?

Right after

possibly wait longer after aerboic work, if you want to burn 'a little' more fat. But after resistance training straight after, preferably before, and possibly during.

Back