What to do

Yips

Well I completed my first day of the 10's on Sunday and everything went fine. However, on Monday I felt terrible. Must have caught the flu as I was coughing, sneezing, had a runny nose and my body was aching all over.

What do I do?

Do I skip this week and let my body recover from the illness and start the 10's again next Sunday? By doing this will I affect my progress/program as I would be have be having another 6-7 day break not long after my week of SD.

Or do I continue to work out even with the flu?

Thanks in advance.

Do not continue to work out while having the flu. Take the week off, make sure you are completely recovered, then restart your 10s the next week only if you are completely recovered. If you start working out again before you are totally recovered, you could have a relapse. That has happened to me in the past, it's not fun.

In the mean time, you could try taking a little extra zinc each day. I find that it helps me get over my illnesses faster.

I agree with Totentanz, do not try to workout when you are ill. Just rest for a week or until you feel recovered and then restart your 10's phase. Up to now you have only completed your 15's, so the weights should not be very heavy yet and you should easily take it up from there. No harm done.

Sure if it's truly "flu" rest up - you'd be bed ridden anyway...
If it's only a severe cold work thru' it - one proviso though; take plenty of rest between sets, otherwise you'll start puffing & panting which'll bring on the coughing 'cos you're working more aerobically.
Working out may help you flush your system - be sure to cut back on the carbs & up the protein...
Try it - what have you got to lose?
Look here and at muscletechs' ResearchNews_and_Reviews

Back